Forums Latest Members
  1. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 3, 2014

Realized I had not taken any photos of this beauty since 2009. I still only have my mobile phone camera. One thing that really bugs me is that the photos are in focus but after photobucket and flickr they are blurred. Why? There is also a difference between bucket and flickr.

Bucket=
    [​IMG]

Flickr (a little clearer - check the text under "Omega") =
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the ones from 2009 - I cannot say that the quality has improved that much. Guess I have had three phones between then and now. Another guess is that I am the problem...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Dec 3, 2014
    Gavin, NT931, dougiedude and 10 others like this.
  2. peatnick Dec 3, 2014

Since you've held onto it for so long probably doesn't help but calling dibs

3. JohnSteed Dec 3, 2014

I was expecting to see some whipped creme ...

Love the pie though :thumbsup:

4. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 3, 2014

[​IMG]

CdnWatchDoc and Nobel Prize like this.
  5. Hijak Dec 3, 2014

Wouldn't mind some of that pie, very nice.:thumbsup:

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 3, 2014

Don't these photo services downsize the uploaded photos? If so that would account the for the difference in quality.

7. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 3, 2014

A test. Cut out a portion of the original picture and saved it in the size 980x551 - a size that seems to be what this site likes...

[​IMG]

Hmmm... It has been uploaded to flickr and then put here. It is not as sharp as the original file.

8. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 3, 2014

I must admit I have been very partial to pay for the last couple of months

[​IMG]

9. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 3, 2014

Resolution may be the same but is the file size the same?

10. JohnSteed Dec 3, 2014

Fantastic bracelet combo too

11. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 3, 2014

Is the mesh bracelet an aftermarket? DS&S in the UK used to make beautiful SS Mesh bracelets in the 60's and 70's, I bought one just this week for my pie pan but the curved ends don't fit! I know STS in the UK use the same machinery that Shackmans used to make the 18K Omega mesh/ milanese bracelets, I've been trying to convince them to make SS mesh's but they aren't wearing it! I think they are one of the only places worldwide now that make proper Omega gold mesh bands! I've seen a few and the quality is stunning, they are identical to the 60's originals

12. Mods I'm not really an ΩF mod but I play one on TV Dec 3, 2014

+1

13. aga79 Dec 3, 2014

stunning piece :thumbsup:

14. bilemshious Dec 3, 2014

Wow. Beautiful pie! Delicious...

15. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 4, 2014

Thank you all.

The milanese/mesh is a bracelet I found on a local auction site a long time ago. One of my other hobbies is vintage racing bicycles. I routinely scan auction sites for "Campagnolo". One day, to my surprise, I got a hit on it in the watches section. I won the auction (I was determined).

I have been looking for information since then. Of course I have been in contact with Campagnolo - but no luck. Campagnolo is a strong brand in Italy and in cycling but the name also appears on all sorts of things not connected to the bike industry or the "real" Campagnolo. What makes me think this actually being a real Campagnolo product is the quality (very, very high) and how text is marked on it. Everyone interested in Campagnolo: s vintage bicycle parts know they have a thing for "brev." i e "patented". This bracelet is of course multiple "brev" and these stampings together with the text "Campagnolo", size marking, etc. are all in the same font as on Campag vintage bike parts.

It is good looking, comfortable and I believe it really suits this watch. It also combines two of my major interest - what could be better?

TNTwatch likes this.
  16. Hijak Dec 4, 2014

As a fellow cycling enthusiast I'd love to see some details of your Campy bracelet. One of my racing bikes is decked out in Record components and as you've said they are very high quality. My Campagnolo componants have a finish on them better than some jewelry!
    It's safe to say Campy certainly has the skills to make a fantastic watch bracelet.

17. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Dec 4, 2014

I will take some pictures and get back.

18. JohnSteed Dec 4, 2014

You all should throw these amazing pies onto the Constellation Show and tell thread ... if you haven't already done so :thumbsup: