Forums Latest Members
  1. Swellselec Feb 8, 2018

hi all , I purchased my 1st omega at the end of December, a seamaster planet ocean 43.5mm with blue face .
    I purchased it online from a uk dealer , but when they went to ship my watch they said they had mistakenly sent the cards out for to another customer who they were trying to contact and retrieve, since then and a few phone calls they said they had ordered a new set of cards from omega this was a few weeks back and would have hoped to have them by now .
    Another phone call today they said they have ordered a new warranty card from omega but could take a while as they only do them in batches and do them when they have enough orders , also said they had made contact with the person who had my cards and they should have them any day now , but said I would still have to wait for warranty card from omega.
    I’m getting a bit worried now ,they said there’s no problem my watch is fully covered by omega but I really would like the full set of cards for it , am I right in thinking should be 3 in total ?
    Sorry for long post
    Thanks

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 8, 2018

It happens. Are they an Omega Authorized Dealer?

3. Swellselec Feb 8, 2018

Hugh rice in hull was the retailer I purchased it from .
    Will I still get the full set of cards if they have to get replacement from omega ?

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Feb 8, 2018

If the dealer says that they should have the originals back any day, I wouldn't be worrying. I think they are stringing you a line about Omega not issuing duplicates until they have enough orders though. There should only be two cards if the watch is new.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 8, 2018

Symbols
    Warranty
    COSC

Swellselec likes this.
  6. Meme-Dweller Feb 8, 2018

Pretty sure there's a strict policy of not replacing warranty cards. You should bring the watch back to the store and request they swap it with another one that has the warranty card. Not having the correct "papers" will significantly impact the value of your watch.

Archer likes this.
  7. Meme-Dweller Feb 8, 2018

Fixed.
    "Pictograms"
    "International Warranty"
    "Master Chronometer"

Swellselec and Foo2rama like this.
  8. Swellselec Feb 8, 2018

Thanks for your reply’s , it’s getting on for 2 months since I got the watch , I’m worried as even if the cords were sent to wrong person I wouldn’t have thought it would take so long to get them returned.
    I’m worried that I may never get correct cards which as said will seriously devalue my watch , I’m going to give them another week then may start asking about replacement watch , waited so long to save for this watch then this happens .

9. Meme-Dweller Feb 8, 2018

Things happen. Just calmly explain to the AD that you've given them more than a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue and that you've saved up for the watch only to have a soured experience and abnormal depreciation due to the missing cards. Tell them you paid for a new watch from an Omega Authorized Dealer only to receive what could be considered as a gray market watch; they have not held up their end of the transaction.

If it comes to it, assuming you paid with credit, don't let it get past 3 months or else you can't do a chargeback.

Swellselec likes this.
  10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 8, 2018

Contact Omega Customer Service. Tell them what you have heard from the AD and give their name and address. give as much info as you can including your serial number. They should be able to help expedite the issue.

Swellselec likes this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 8, 2018

Is that COSC it’s not Metas...

Yeah yeah ;)

12. ICONO Feb 8, 2018

+1 A ‘verbally muscular’ conversation is required…or the transaction cancelled

13. Swellselec Feb 8, 2018

Thanks , hopefully they will arrive next few days if the person returns the.
    I will update post when I hear more
    Again thank you

14. Swellselec Feb 13, 2018

Quick update ,and it’s good new’s ,had a call from dealer this afternoon telling me they have had my cards returned all 3 of them
    They are posting them out to me in morning ..