Forums Latest Members
  1. blubarb Mar 29, 2016

Hi Guys. Would someone with a 3590.50 cal.861 movement with the spacer/dust cap combination just have a quick check of their movement and let me know the head size of the screw that goes here. It has to be the model with the dust cover and spacer as one unit as other screw heads from 861s with the single dust cap are too large and the cap/spacer cover wont seat over it.

cheers

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2125 copy.jpg

2. TNTwatch Mar 29, 2016

One unit? Aren't those two screws supposed to hold down the spacer? If not holding the spacer, it doesn't seem screws are needed there.

blubarb likes this.
  3. Kwijibo Mar 30, 2016

Yes it's the same screw as you have on the other side. It's better to have it for the movement to be properly set in. they come over the holding ring. I have to order two at Omega's tell me if you want some. How could you take the ring appart without removing the other screw? :thumbsdown:

Edited Mar 30, 2016
    blubarb likes this.
  4. blubarb Mar 30, 2016

Thanks, mate. Good question. I ended up getting an Omega screw from a watchmaker mate - so lucky there. Yes the dust cap was pressed tight onto the spacer, this is what threw me as I thought it was just one complete unit. The "unit" therefore had been sitting loosely. Now the spacer is secured by the screw head on both sides and all good. Learn something everyday with watches. I am glad it is 100% sorted now though.

5. blubarb Mar 30, 2016

Thanks guys, appreciate your help on this one. :)

6. Kwijibo Mar 30, 2016

De nada! I've just corrected the huuuuuge amount of typing errors on my latest post :confused: I'm french but that's not an excuse!
    These screws heads are just narrow enough not to touch the edge of the dust cover but they help pressing the ring onto the movement so that the pushers are held correctly.

blubarb likes this.
  7. blubarb Mar 30, 2016

:)