Forums Latest Members
  1. EatMan Jan 17, 2017

On a long business trip and brought just my Rolex 5-digit sub, because I have not worn it much lately and I thought I would give it some wrist time. Well, I guess there is a reason it wasn't getting much wrist time. I am very much missing my PO 2500 and Globemaster on SS bracelet.

There's a reason I participate in this forum regularly, and have not even bothered to register with the *other* forum. I thought I would buy a platinum Yachtmaster next, then I realized how can I be a Speedy fan without the original Speedy pro (have a CK2998 and Snoopy)? once this trip is over, I shall look for a reasonably priced Speedy Pro and start praying that I can get the Tuesday from the waitlist later in the year...

Riviera Paradise, Rodmar and Foo2rama like this.
  2. M'Bob Jan 19, 2017

I have both, enjoy both. What was it about the Sub that you didn't care for?

3. Jaacck Jan 19, 2017

I only have one watch and its a speedy. Fairly active on this forum even though most of the members have for more pieces than me!

4. U5512 Jan 19, 2017

I wish my watch collection is only a one-watch collection. I love watches and the hobby, but I wish I was selective of watches to add to my collection at the early onset.

5. EatMan Jan 19, 2017

There's nothing wrong with a 5-digit sub. My favorite Rolex. It's like asking if I like chocolate or vanilla. Both great but I just prefer one over the other. No rhyme or reason why I like PO 2500 more than a sub, why I like Speedy over Daytona.

I grabbed my Rolex because it's a business trip and Rolex, like it or not, projects certain image.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 19, 2017

Funny having the same problem with my Sinn 903. Breitling has so much marketing that everyone knows that watch. The 3 times I've worn it 8 people complimented me on my Breitling, I got sick of telling people it's the watch you think it is but not a Breitling.

Breitling sold the rights to the watch in 1978 and the current Breitling Navitimers are not really the same as the old Navitimers while the Sinn is the original Navitimer.

Jwit likes this.