Missing bezel for a seamaster please help

Hi I've recently purchased this omega seamaster
Case 165.003
Cal 552
It's missing it's bezel

If anyone knows where I could locate one would be much appreciated. Thanks DSC_5455.JPG DSC_5454.JPG DSC_5453.JPG

Exceedingly hard to find I’m afraid. You’ll likely need to buy a donor case to salvage one.
I’d have a think as to whether it’s worth it as your dial isn’t in very good condition. I’d look to return this and start again with a better example. It’s always best to pay more for a better watch, than to try and buy a cheaper one in poor condition and restore it. Frequently the restoration will cost more than a good example and it still won’t be as nice.

Exceedingly hard to find I’m afraid. You’ll likely need to buy a donor case to salvage one.
I’d have a think as to whether it’s worth it as your dial isn’t in very good condition. I’d look to return this and start again with a better example. It’s always best to pay more for a better watch, than to try and buy a cheaper one in poor condition and restore it. Frequently the restoration will cost more than a good example and it still won’t be as nice.
Yea totally understand what you are saying but was only £230 so I'm not overly bothered the dial is not the best but does look 10x better in person then pictures the scratches on the crystal doesn't help. I'll have to keep an eye out for a case or something like that then. Thanks for your reply

Are you aware of any other cases with the same bezel as this one ?? Thanks

It’s obviously very subjective but I don’t consider £230 to be a good deal tbh. You’re probably looking at £50-100 for a bezel and possibly several years to find one.
Alternatively a donor case will be at least £100.

So you have lots of time and effort + around £330 minimum for a watch with a poor dial. Much better imo to pay slightly more for a good one in the first place.

It’s obviously very subjective but I don’t consider £230 to be a good deal tbh. You’re probably looking at £50-100 for a bezel and possibly several years to find one.
Alternatively a donor case will be at least £100.

So you have lots of time and effort + around £330 minimum for a watch with a poor dial. Much better imo to pay slightly more for a good one in the first place.
Thanks I appreciate your feedback.

Wouldn't the bezel on this be solid gold? I'd estimate the chances of finding one without a case at zero, really. Not only do you need to find someone who, somehow, has a spare bezel but no case, but the person would also need to know that the bezel fits this reference without having anything that would point him to it.

Bezel are simply the most difficult part to replace on a watch, period. Two options: A spare case,and finding one for 100GBP is also quite a stretch. Or you buy a full watch/case, have someone copy the bezel, and sell it again. I'd only recommend this if you really know what you're doing.

Apologies if this sounds all very negative, but I'd be very pessimistic about this. If you really want to stick with this particular watch as a project, set an eBay alert for the reference, wait till a full case comes up and transplant the dial/movement to the new case. It'll be your choice if you look for gold-capped only or if stainless steel is also an option. My guess is that the latter will be significantly easier to find.

Wouldn't the bezel on this be solid gold? I'd estimate the chances of finding one without a case at zero, really. Not only do you need to find someone who, somehow, has a spare bezel but no case, but the person would also need to know that the bezel fits this reference without having anything that would point him to it.

Bezel are simply the most difficult part to replace on a watch, period. Two options: A spare case,and finding one for 100GBP is also quite a stretch. Or you buy a full watch/case, have someone copy the bezel, and sell it again. I'd only recommend this if you really know what you're doing.

Apologies if this sounds all very negative, but I'd be very pessimistic about this. If you really want to stick with this particular watch as a project, set an eBay alert for the reference, wait till a full case comes up and transplant the dial/movement to the new case. It'll be your choice if you look for gold-capped only or if stainless steel is also an option. My guess is that the latter will be significantly easier to find.
I'm unaware if it's sold gold I highly doubt it as the case is gold plated and the back cover is stainless steel , appreciate your time in responding thanks

I'm unaware if it's sold gold I highly doubt it as the case is gold plated and the back cover is stainless steel , appreciate your time in responding thanks

That's exactly why I asked, as commonly, the bezels on gold-capped cases with steel backs were indeed solid gold on vintage Omegas. Personally, I'm not particularly into the 60s Seamasters so I'm not absolutely certain how those were produced, but it definitely wouldn't be surprising.

That's exactly why I asked, as commonly, the bezels on gold-capped cases with steel backs were indeed solid gold on vintage Omegas. Personally, I'm not particularly into the 60s Seamasters so I'm not absolutely certain how those were produced, but it definitely wouldn't be surprising.
Interesting to know thanks

This is a parts watch, and 230 GBP is too much. Most likely you would need to have a gold bezel fabricated, and it's not worth the investment for that watch. I'd echo the advice above to return it, if possible, and put the money towards a better example.

A "bargain" is rarely a bargain unless you really know what you're doing.

This one was not a bargain any way you look at it.

In fairness: Assuming the movement looks ok-ish, if you have the time, put movement, dial, handset and case back on eBay and you'll likely recoup the 230GBP. But yes, it wasn't a bargain.

You could broaden your search by looking at ref 166.003 which is the date version of the omega 165.003. Still going to be a long search.

You could contact these people and inquire about having one made.

https://www.watchcaserepair.com/