Forums Latest Members
  1. themartist Jul 18, 2018

Bought a lovely 2505-19 with a waffle dial. Only problem is that it's missing an index marker at 11. I think these are in gold and yes, it could do with a slight clean, but I'm just really trying to source that missing index.

IMG_2985.JPG

Here you see a better shot of the missing 11.

Dial_01.jpg

Found a similar dial on ebay but they indexes are just a little shorter. Did a photoshop overlay to see, and they are in fact shorter. However, I almost considered buying the dial to perhaps get a jeweler to create a new index for me by combining two from the other dial. Quite a schlep and a little costly, but if there are alternatives I'd love to know.

dial_02.jpg

If anyone has any idea where I could source my missing index, please let me know.

sat968 and noelekal like this.
  2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jul 18, 2018

Lovely watch. Intriguing method of remedying the lost marker. I'd like to know the outcome to your restoration efforts.

3. Dan S Jul 18, 2018

If you are going to have a jeweler fashion a marker for you, I don't know if you need to supply the materials. Maybe take it to a good custom jeweler and ask him or her how they would tackle it.

4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jul 18, 2018

Keep checking eBay...:unsure:

X350 XJR likes this.
  5. themartist Jul 18, 2018

Thanks guys - I visited an old store in Rio, where I have never seen so many old Omega dials before. It was amazing - both original and loads obviously redone. Looked through a box of hundreds of dials, but nothing, unfortunately.

I'll wait patiently, but if anybody knows of any similar shop, colector, watchmaker etc - please feel free to send me a link.

I get the feeling that the old dial (actually index marker specifically) that I'm looking for - will more likely be in an old box without ever making its way to ebay. Any suggestions welcomed.

Otherwise, if I can get a jeweler to make a perfect replica, no problem - will just try to establish if its solid 18k or not. Though would prefer the original piece.