Forums Latest Members

Missed It By 5$ On Ebay... But Bought It Back From The Buyer ... The Minty Dynamic

1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 6, 2013

Missed this one couple of weeks back on ebay by 5$ ...kicked myself as it was recommended by our members and i didnt know about the Ash nuke technology back then...

http://omegaforums.net/threads/is-this-redialed.4517/

But anyways it showed up again as the seller was trying to flip it for couple of hundreds.... even though the pics were completely different i had a feeling it was the same watch checked his reviews and it confirmed...

Anyways after exchanging a dozen messages... the seller agreed for the negotiation ... good guy and listens to reasoning :) ;)

Surprisingly this watch is very light from the pics i thought dynamics are heavy ::confused2::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Apr 6, 2013

::love:: those racing dials!

I'm a little worried about it though because the Ω symbol is a 70's font and that watch has a caliber 75x inside, which is 1971 or earlier. It could be correct and original to the watch, or it could be a service replacement. Wait for more opinions though.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 6, 2013

Oh yeah...that's a nice one

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2013

It looks ok to me. Here is the best pic I could find of a non redialled Grand Prix dial - it happens to be on Desmond's blog :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1365332310.772425.jpg

In checking this out, I spotted a few interesting differences in some of the letters and line thicknesses compared to the usual cal 565/date dials. But it turned out that these are consistent across the day-date/cal 75x dials for the first generation Dynamic.

The only inconsistencies I could find with my day/date Dynamics were that the Omega logo is slightly different, that the E in Omega is narrower and the accent over the e in Geneve is at a steeper angle. However, the watch pictured above also seems to have those features too, so it seems this dial is correct.

The movement is interesting though, as Desmond only lists cal 752 for early day-date versions. AJTT says cal 750 was first produced in 1966 with cal 752 in 1967. The serial no on this watch is for 1969 at the earliest. At the minute I think this is a point of interest only, as AJTT also pictures a first gen date version with cal 561 rather than 565 - so it probably isn't an absolute rule that only cal 752 was used for first generation day-date Dynamics.

It looks like a nice buy. And, yes they are remarkably light - which also makes them a very suitable watch for use with shirt cuffs and a suit :)

5. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 7, 2013

I used the Desmond pic before Pulling the trigger ..I was convinced that it is genuine so I didn't paid attention to the caliber.
    i think seeing the exact dial on Desmond PDF made me desperate.

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2013

Try not to get too desperate :)

7. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 7, 2013

I dont know if you guys remember this watch ....we discussed about this couple of weeks back in the below thread

http://omegaforums.net/threads/is-this-redialed.4517/

and also just checked couple of other "believed to be original authentic dynamics" similar dials but different color they also have a 750 caliber.

8. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 7, 2013

9. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2013

Thanks. That also has the same features on the E, the logo and the accent as your Grand Prix dial and the one on Desmond's blog.

10. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Apr 7, 2013

and also unlike desmond pdf they don't have the text "water proof" on the case back ... they only have "Tool 107"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]