Mineral Crystal Replacement - Speedmaster Mark II

Dear forum members, I can't find a local watchmaker in Sacramento, CA to replace mineral crystals on two of my Speedmaster Mark II's. Does anyone know of a watchmaker in the USA who has the right tool and can replace crystals? I'd really appreciate a private message if you know someone and I will be happy to provide a reward. Thanks, Phil

Do you happen to have the replacement crystals at hand? If positive, my guess is that any watchmaker can then replace them.

Case negative, you got try to find a watchmaker with an omega parts account. I recall that there was a watchmaker in SJ (San Jose) and another in SF that had parts account.

An alternative would be try to source a replacement. I recall that a guy in the USA made a sapphire crystal for the Mark II that was identical to the original one.

Nesbit's in Seattle can certainly do it for you. They successfully removed the ca. 1980 replacement crystal on my Mark II when they did an overhaul two years ago. They cautioned me that sometimes the crystal will break when being removed but they got it off ok and successfully put it back on.

Nesbit's in Seattle can certainly do it for you. They successfully removed the ca. 1980 replacement crystal on my Mark II when they did an overhaul two years ago. They cautioned me that sometimes the crystal will break when being removed but they got it off ok and successfully put it back on.
Thanks, I will contact Nesbit's.

Do you happen to have the replacement crystals at hand? If positive, my guess is that any watchmaker can then replace them.

Case negative, you got try to find a watchmaker with an omega parts account. I recall that there was a watchmaker in SJ (San Jose) and another in SF that had parts account.

An alternative would be try to source a replacement. I recall that a guy in the USA made a sapphire crystal for the Mark II that was identical to the original one.
I see a bunch of crystals for sale on ebay. My watchmaker in Sacramento broke a couple trying to replace them. Do you know the actual name of the watchmaker in SJ?

I see a bunch of crystals for sale on ebay. My watchmaker in Sacramento broke a couple trying to replace them. Do you know the actual name of the watchmaker in SJ?

They need to have the right installation tool - just trying to press it in without the tool is highly likely to break the crystal...

I covered that here...

Basic watchmaking tips - crystal fitting | Omega Forums

I mean no disrespect, but if your local watchmaker is breaking 'a couple' crystals, perhaps you should drive to SJ and have your Mark II serviced by World Time.
😀