Forums Latest Members
  1. S.Song Jan 21, 2017

I am a big fan of these British issued military Hamiltons- very undervalued considering rarity and quality, not to mention a certain resemblance to the IWC Mk 11. They made variations in this case shape throughout the 60s and the different models each have their own quality.

Here is the family!

IMG_4932 2.JPG

From left to right, top to bottom

i) Hamilton G.S (General Service)
    ii) Hamilton G.S. A.D.D.F. (Purported to be Abu Dhabi Defence Force, but honestly not proven, a real mystery)
    iii) Hamilton 6B (issued to the RAF)
    iv) Hamilton G.S 24 Hour Dial (One of the grails, these don't come up too often)
    v) Hamilton 6B H-67 version (The main difference between the more common 6B is the movement, this one is hacking)

2. Jonatan Jan 21, 2017

Beautiful set.

3. U5512 Jan 22, 2017

They're all here....no wonder I had a hard time looking them on eBay.

S.Song likes this.
  4. ncstate1201 Jan 22, 2017

That Hamilton gs 24 hr dial is in great shape and seems to be a tough find, it would be interesting if anyone had the production numbers for each...

5. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jan 22, 2017

Well hot dog!!! :eek:

That's a fantabulous collection!!! :thumbsup:

S.Song likes this.
  6. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 22, 2017

That's an awesome collection! You have a great eye!

My military inspired, modern Hamilton says "Hi."

IMG_1183.JPG
    S.Song, Jwit and Mad Dog like this.
  7. S.Song Jan 23, 2017

Over on MWR there has been some discussion, and a very knowledgable memeber has come up with these rough numbers:

Hamilton 6B/910-1000 H 3,200pcs
    Hamilton 6B/9614045 H-67 1,000pcs

It makes sense as I do not see the Hacking H-67s come up very often.

For the G.S. versions I have no clue, but based on my experience I've seen alot more standard 6Bs (3,200 pieces) so I would assume somewhere inbetween the hacking and non-hack 6Bs.

As for the 24 hour you're right....perhaps the hardest to find.

They have a great presence on the wrist, here is another one that's not in the photo, a standard non-hacking 6B (this one with wrong crown but I don't mind :)).

IMG_2301.JPG

George.A, Jwit, Mad Dog and 2 others like this.
  8. Ludi Aug 7, 2017

Very nice and impressive set @eddieskl :thumbsup: ... love them all !

Now you need to track and find the elusive Hammie FAPD ;)

Being a huge fan of these "poorman's Mark 11" myself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG_5868.JPG

[​IMG]

For those who are not familiar with them

"Hamilton G.S. ["General Service"] watches were specifically made for the UK's General Services. They were actually issued to Government personnel, that were not Military. These watches were used by a number of Government agencies overseas, Foreign and Commonwealth Office aid groups helping with education and health stuff like that from the mid 60's to the late 70's.They also acted as a cover for a number of former military men who helped nations organise their own security and law enforcement on behalf of HM Government. " (source antiquevintagewatches.com)

And below are the Hamilton 6B, designed for military purposes as per MoD specification

IMG_5938.JPG

Helas, they tend to be not cheap anymore and very sought after lately :confused:

Edited Aug 7, 2017
    SC1, CdnWatchDoc, George.A and 3 others like this.
  9. herold Aug 7, 2017

:thumbsup:

10. Mcurreri Aug 7, 2017

I think ive just fallen in love with the 6b. Would you say this is a good example? (Link below)

http://www.vintage-watches-collection.com/watch/others/hamilton-6b-mark-11-military-pilots-steel/

11. w154 Aug 7, 2017

12. river rat Aug 7, 2017

Nice collection of issued Hamilton's I got a few Hamilton US Army Air Force pocket watches from WW2 in the collection only got one US issued Hamilton wristwatch a friend gave me did have to source out a set of hands took a few years to find a original set of hands a member at MWR was good enough to give me a set of hands for free the US one are just a little smaller in case size
    [​IMG]
    Hamilton US Issued MIL-W-46374B Jan 1978 issue date

Edited Aug 7, 2017
    SC1 likes this.
  13. river rat Aug 7, 2017

Think your right about that dial seen that watch for sell a while back and thought the same wrong dial and that's why it's been for sell a while and a lower price due to I think the seller must know about the dial.

14. river rat Mar 5, 2023

Know this is an old thread but became a member of the club. Added a 6B a few years ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And just added a Hamilton FAPD type1 navigator only issued for one month in Sept.1970 same case size at 36mm as a 6B there's a RAAF version rarer than the US one both made at the same time. Has a 684-hacking movement that was only used in the FAPD. A rare bird. Notice when I did a search of the forum no one else has posted one. It was issued to the US air force during Vietnam.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seller's photos. It's getting delivered tomorrow. The only larger case of all US issued Hamiltons.