Forums Latest Members

Milanese straps + female spring bars

1. Dre Oct 13, 2015

Hi OF,

I've just purchased a new milanese straps and I'm thinking to use it for one of my watch. My watch has a fixed lugs that uses a female spring bars, as seen on photo below.

I've been having trouble fitting the strap to the watch because of the spring bars, anyone know a little trick to fit the strap in or should I just not bother with it because it's just too hard? Appreciate your help.

Thanks heaps

Andre

image.jpeg

2. happytapy Oct 13, 2015

Bit hard to tell, but I assume the small tubes inside the mesh link end do not retract inwards and that they are fixed? In that case, you probably will not be able to move them in (at least one) and slip it over the stud on the watch lug. It looks like they should, with mounting the mesh on the far end (in the picture) first and then slipping the other tube inwards and inside the accumulated clearance so it can then be released over the other lug stud.

3. Dre Oct 13, 2015

Exactly what I did, but like a million times before it fits in! Took a while, but definitely worth the time!

Probably wouldnt do it again unless it's a normal lugs with normal spring bars! Lucky I haven't bought one of those JB Champion bracelets.

image.jpeg

4. happytapy Oct 13, 2015

Looks really good. You were probably also lucky to have had an exact match for the watch (19 or 20mm?) and a mil strap to fit a stud lug. [emoji41]. I'm probably wrong but they are rare straps aren't they?

5. Dre Oct 14, 2015

Thanks mate! Yes, 19mm. They're a bit hard to come by but you can still find it in eBay, sometimes for a good deal!

happytapy likes this.