Forums Latest Members
  1. kidkimura Sep 14, 2015

Hey all-

Heading to Milan in early October for some work-related nonsense. Any watch or non-watch related must sees?

2. alam Sep 14, 2015

Pizza, pasta, Barolo, Chianti, gelato, cafe macchiato... and more wine.. :p

Matty01 and kidkimura like this.
  3. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Sep 14, 2015

Some of the best clothing stores in Italy. DaVinci statue, Duomo, the shopping center in the main Piazza and my personal favorite.....the train station.

kidkimura likes this.
  4. TLIGuy Sep 14, 2015

I was just there last weekend. We did the World Expo for the day and it was okay. Long lines and the food was so so. If I went back and could only do one thing it would be to visit the Duomo, which we did. Some of the best Gothic architecture you will ever see and the access to the roof is amazing.

Tops on our list was to see the Last Supper and we tried to order tickets online 4 weeks prior to our trip but it was sold out until November.

If you want high-end shopping Via Monte Napoleon is the place to go. It's great seeing Ferraris and Lamborghinis parallel parked along the street.

The worst part of my visit was the poor service at the Omega boutique. Their only Speedmasters on display were in an outside window off the main street facing into a dark alley along the side of the boutique.

IMG_7539.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

IMG_7569.jpg

alam and kidkimura like this.
  5. lillatroll Sep 14, 2015

I just remember it being a rip off. Restaurants charge extra if you sit outside, and not just a little bit extra. also remember it being a bit of a dump apart from the nice square.

kidkimura likes this.
  6. wgwaters Sep 14, 2015

kidkimura and tpatta like this.
  7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 14, 2015

I'd advise against starting travel blog.

kidkimura and tpatta like this.
  8. JamieG Sep 14, 2015

Milan is Italy's version of Birmingham. Great city centre surrounded by industrial estates and overpriced housing. Go visit somewhere nicer such as Bologna. Foodie capital of Italy, an hour by train from Rome or Milan. Better value an much nicer people...

9. Jonatan Sep 14, 2015

Milan is a beautiful city but you need to get to know it. If you want vintage watch shopping, there is a market in the Navigli part of the city on Saturdays. Great slow food restaurant : Osteria del Treno. Ask your hotel to reserve for you. Enjoy the aperitivo scene near Porta Garibaldi and visit Eatily in that area for great produce. Duomo, La Scala, VItorio Emmanuele II and the museums near by are a must. Enjoy walking around Monte Napoleon. I just love Milan! Of course there are nicer cities but you asked for Milan.

kidkimura likes this.
  10. LawBrk Sep 14, 2015

I can highly recommend the kebab stand outside the train station where my mates and I ate and then got back on a train to Siena. :D