Forums Latest Members

SOLD Mid century solid 18k gold ladies Universal Geneve

1. rkman11 Dec 4, 2022

This mid century stunner comes from a local estate. The owner purchased it for his daughter, he believes in the 1960s, and unfortunately it’s pretty much sat unworn its entire life. I heard it was destined to be melted, as it is a whole lot of 18k solid gold… But it’s beautiful, running perfectly, so I couldn’t let that happen!

EEE9CAD2-18D2-4982-9AB4-866D822517EC.jpeg

DIAL: INCREDIBLE with an almost bark like finish, against the gold the black Universal Geneve lettering and the Roman numerals really pop! The cool, domed, square plexi crystal has light scratching throughout, as you’d expect for a watch this age, most noticeable in the upper right corner.

CASE: Measures 15.5MM by 15.5MM, making it the perfect, slightly oversized cocktail watch. That sweet bark finish to the solid 18k gold matches the dial perfectly. The craftsmanship is just insane, and as you can see there is a slight rosy patina to the gold that has developed over time, indicating this has been barely worn and has not been polished. Complete with it’s original UG signed crown.

362BCD53-47DC-458D-AB22-58456865DAD8.jpeg 00F989EB-696C-4DEF-92BE-5B2BBBE40590.jpeg E24FFEF2-A687-4A8A-8B13-29E2C9A23E66.jpeg

BRACELET: Integrated matching solid 18k gold bracelet is just awesome, blending that line between watch and jewelry. Tapers down from about 9.5 MM to the original UG clasp. Currently size for just over a 6 inch wrist, could be adjusted up or down by a goldsmith. Has a slight bend here and there, as the gold has taken shape (likeky to the watch box) over the years, but sits very well on the wrist.

90869F89-85C7-4EFE-A4BC-1FBD1F1AD9A0.jpeg F0F0B522-A279-4A4C-B33C-723EF25F6449.jpeg

MOVEMENT: Hand wound movement winds and sets like butter! No service history, I imagine it might not have been opened its entire life! Truly a find, and incredibly, it’s keeping time perfectly.

ACCESSORIES: Comes watch only, but will be in the really cool vintage little watch box it was found in. I don’t believe this to be original, as it’s not marked Universal Geneve, but seems to be from the same time period. Wear throughout as you would expect, but a really cool addition, especially if this will be a gift.

0889AC1F-3822-4906-AE5C-23FAC8F33005.jpeg

PRICE: The watch all in weighs about 37g, so taking out the movement and the crystal I believe it’s about 30g of solid 18K gold. This would be an incredible gift for yourself, or for that special lady in your life - it should be worn and enjoyed, not melted! So I am pricing it right there at scrap value, $1350 which will include fully insured shipping, by FedEx, anywhere in the US.

PAYMENT: Via Venmo, Zelle, Wise, or Bank Transfer.

No returns unless misrepresented and it won’t be, I am a passionate watch collector and I treat buyers the way I want to be treated when I’m the buyer. Lots of great feedback to show that!

Thanks for checking out this incredible estate find - it’s the perfect time of the year to treat yourself, ladies, or guys (if you’re smart) treat that special lady in your life!

YYTIN, janice&fred, Syrte and 3 others like this.
  2. rkman11 Dec 4, 2022

Very happy to say this went quick to an awesome member who will be gifting it to his mom for the holidays! Love knowing that it will get worn, enjoyed, and not melted down! As always, thanks to OF for the space.

3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 9, 2022

Congrats to buyer and seller,
    Glad you were able to salvage it:thumbsup:

R3D9, Larry S and janice&fred like this.