Forums Latest Members

Mid 80s - Early 90s Arabic DeVille (ID Help??)

1. wavey Aug 28, 2017

So my Nan pulled this out of a box a few days ago from part of a set (key-chain, watch and cufflinks) given to my granddad in the late 80s to early 90s by Shell when they were working in the Middle East, and im looking for more info on it.

The back is off it but there are two numbers and some extra stuff and im not sure which is serial, or if that matters... (I've seen lots of people blur serial numbers in wts posts or whatever so im not sure if that applies here or if its okay to post) but the movement is just a quartz 1455. I searched all numbers and movement but wasn't able to find out another watch that looked exactly like this, so im not really sure what it is and would greatly appreciate any extra info.

I have no clue what the Arabic means, and my Gran hasn't spoken that for 30 years and didn't know either, so any translation on that side would also be great!
    On the vintage page sticky things the swiss B on the inside of the buckle comes up, but the shape isn't there and im not sure what else i can look for.

TIA

21m3E84tR-SXQDqZn9A11Q.png aPSA3-BAQlCNWMLeMj8vdQ.png boUakWUfQfOPBACCCwkTew.png dnEX-louSY2E4sWvOyIZ9Q.png dVFvBkcZSJapd9P16a1REQ.png qYM9jq7STWWt5smJO0hWdg.png tul_Y9P4TQitSIufNdPtPA.png w2K8BZ11SK_jOM3E6Cikzg.png
    Edited Aug 28, 2017
  2. wavey Aug 28, 2017

What happened to the pics?...

edit: there we go

Edited Aug 28, 2017
  3. omarzahid Sep 11, 2017

Hello,

The arabic text reads "PETROMIN SHELL", the company was formed as a joint venture between Saudi owned Petromin and Dutch owned Shell to set up and run oil refinaries in Saudi Arabia around the early eighties.

Hope this helps

wavey likes this.