Mid 50s 18k solid gold Omega Seamaster.

Hi everyone new here. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how rare are mid 50s Omega Seamasters. That are 18k solid gold that originally came with a leather strap and no day date. Thanks in advance.

A 18k Seamaster of that vintage are as rare as hen’s teeth. I have never seen one in the wild. I will defer to a more experienced member to give you further info.

Pictures and inner caseback photos please.

In nice sharp original condition I’d call them uncommon, but not rare, many were made and badly polished or had the dial refinished or degraded with moisture intrusion.

"Rare" is a loaded term, that many collectors prefer to reserve for watches that were produced in truly small numbers. However, an 18k Seamaster of that vintage would definitely be much less common than stainless. And more to the point, they are desirable in good condition. Although I suspect that most casual buyers looking for a vintage gold Omega would still prefer a Constellation. Rarity and value aren't always the same thing.

I have one that I snatched up from the Private Sales Forum. Ref 2791 with gasketed caseback and a 14m cal 266 handwind dating to mid 50s. I It's turn in the rotation was last week.
266InsideCaseback.jpg 266Mvmnt.jpg 266Wrist.jpg

I have one that I snatched up from the Private Sales Forum. Ref 2791 with gasketed caseback and a 14m cal 266 handwind dating to mid 50s. I It's turn in the rotation was last week.
266InsideCaseback.jpg 266Mvmnt.jpg 266Wrist.jpg
Meant to mention, seller's pics.

Hi everyone new here. Was wondering if anyone could tell me how rare are mid 50s Omega Seamasters. That are 18k solid gold that originally came with a leather strap and no day date. Thanks in advance.
What is your reason for asking Micheal? Solid Gold Seamasters are a lot less commonly seen than steel or gold filled models but not exactly what I’d call rare. Also be aware your criteria still covers many models.
Edited: