Forums Latest Members

Micro Fine Rub Scratches on my PO 8500

1. zcymontmae Dec 20, 2014

Hi! Guru's,

I am not sure if this been ask before but it is annoying me seeing my 2 1/2 months old Planet Ocean 8500 crystal with micro fine rub scratches, I do clean my watch crystal with the fiber cloth from Omega. Today while taking a dinner with my wife I inspect my watch and while eating and in certain perfect angle I saw some fine scratches, I know that the crystal of PO is having double AR coating (inner and Outer) and I do believed that the fine scratches I saw is from AR outside coating, I never thought that the AR coating of Omega is can be easily scratch with any fine soft cloth and even with fiber cloth which is designed to wipe all glasses.

Is there anyway to remove this scratches? or shall I need to remove the AR coating. it is not visible to others but seeing your luxury watch with plenty of scratches in a certain angles is to annoying. Anyway is there any home remedy to remove the AR coating or shall I send it to service center to ask the same and how much do you think the cost? or the AR coating will be remove over time?

I checked all my other 3 omega watches glass crystal using a loupe but never seen fine scratches on them, i think these 3 has inner AR coating only.

Edited Dec 20, 2014
  2. alam Dec 20, 2014

Concentrate on the meal, enjoy the wine and pay attention to what the wife is saying.... :p

cristos71 likes this.
  3. zcymontmae Dec 20, 2014

i can't concentrate seeing my baby with micro fine scratches.... ahuhuhuhuhu

4. zcymontmae Dec 20, 2014

is there any chance that the local omega service center in my region can do the job of removing the AR coating???

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 21, 2014

You can do it yourself using some diamond paste. Get some 0.5 micron paste and have at it.

Cheers, Al

6. zcymontmae Dec 21, 2014

Thanks Al, but I do not know where to source diamond paste here in Dubai... I am thinking to send it to service center..

7. alam Dec 22, 2014

Amazon delivers world wide-me thinks.

Archer likes this.
  8. zcymontmae Dec 22, 2014

Thanks buddy, I already sent my PO at service center awhile ago and they offer free of charge, removing the Outer AR coating... I am lucky no expenses at all

9. alam Dec 22, 2014

Good deal! :thumbsup: we'll look forward pictures of your baby with a fresh shine! ;)

10. zcymontmae Dec 22, 2014

I will, in fact it is just 2 and half months old... too early to remove the AR coating tsk tsk tsk