Forums Latest Members
  1. dlg Aug 18, 2016

What is the fascination with Michael Kors? I see it quite often on younger girls and guys.

2. alam Aug 18, 2016

brand name fashion? cost to own?
    ::popcorn::

GuiltyBoomerang and Foo2rama like this.
  3. grizzlycanuck Aug 18, 2016

Its cheap, and I don't think many people are really educated about watches. My girlfriend had one when we met, but now she will be rolling with this, and she gets it now. She appreciates a great watch.......just need a bracelet for this now......anyone?? :whistling:

IMG_3367.JPG

4. i20rider Aug 18, 2016

Do you carry Michael kors. ...... why yes there over in the "BASIC BITCH" section...

Atalien2005, Fritz, RegF and 3 others like this.
  5. ulackfocus Aug 18, 2016

Yes, and the EXPENSIVE BITCH section has Burberry and Louis Vuitton.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 18, 2016

Oddly I thought MK stuff was only sold at discount stores. Turns out I was wrong, it's over priced at discount...

red crowned likes this.
  7. i20rider Aug 18, 2016

Don't forget Gucci

8. nmttd2 Aug 18, 2016

Michael Kors sold a millions of watches. Its mainly for young girls, I really haven't seen guys wear these watches. They aren't that cheap for fashion watches. I've remember seeing some for $600. I think most of them are in the $200-$300 range though. It's what people like, hopefully when they grow up they will get a better watch.

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  9. Euxinus Aug 18, 2016

For some people a watch is just an accessory to make them look fashionable. This is the market for the fashion watches. No one walks around talking about the movment in their Michael Kors watch, or what kind of crystal it has etc, complications that the watches have.

Also some people believe that owning brands like Michael Kors or Gucci make them better so they buy it as a status symbol, this is probably more true for young people.

10. cvrle1 Aug 18, 2016

As opposed to Omega and Rolex? ;)

Plenty of people own Omega or other luxury brand watch precisely for this reason. They probably dont know anything more about it than owners of the MK watches that you mentioned. Sad but true, at least where I live currently or lived before.

11. Euxinus Aug 18, 2016

The same can apply about those brands, but the demographic tends to be a bit older for these being purely a status symbol. At least with brands such as omega, rolex, Patek there is a portion of the population that wears the aforementioned brands that appreciates various aspects of the watches and not just " look at me, I have a rolex". The same is not true about Michael Kors.

cvrle1 likes this.
  12. cvrle1 Aug 18, 2016

That is true enough. Cant say I disagree with that.

13. jcs2000 Aug 21, 2016

M Kors watches are fashion watches.
    The why is because people who buy those watches don't know anything about watch making and instead want an item to accessorize rather than collect.

14. Longbow Aug 21, 2016

Never heard of the gezzer, nor apparently has my 12 year old daughter...she was last seen wearing my grandfather's Tissot Visodate Seastar 7. So there is hope for the younger generation after all.

RegF likes this.
  15. Perseus Aug 22, 2016

No idea.

16. kurtj29 Aug 22, 2016

... And I would say there is nothing wrong with that.(which you probably mean.) Those people would be foolish to buy a multi thousand dollar watch.

I think the real issue, is why don't Omega and the other brands figure out a way to play in that world - if they can. My gosh, everytime there was a timed event on the Olympics - there was "Omega" on the bottom of the screen. They were appealing to a mass market much larger than their product range supports.

17. redpcar Aug 22, 2016

When I see women wearing these, they are shocked when I tell them they are made by Fossil. They can be bought on the cheap at all the outlet malls. Fossil also makes Burberry, Skagen, Relic, DKNY, Diesel, Armani, Adidas, Michelle, Adidas and Zodiac (the newer remakes). I'm sure there are a few others I'm missing.

18. Traveler Aug 22, 2016

19. Traveler Aug 22, 2016

"People can sh*t on Michael Kors, but at the end of the day, the company saw a hole in the market, and capitalized. Yes, there’s a whole bunch of people who don’t care the brand name, reference number, or movement of a watch, who want a watch that tells the time and looks nice while doing it. As much as I hate the existence of Michael Kors, I respect that they catered to that market, and marketed directly to women, something secondary to nearly every big name brand."

Can't disagree with him ...

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 22, 2016

Was listening to a few army guys a while back chatting about watch collecting, they were talking of their large collections of G-Shocks. The same as we would be chatting about Connies or Speedmasters. You gotta start somewhere

Atalien2005 likes this.