Forums Latest Members

Meylan Chronograph 816A Lemania 1873

1. Xeer Mar 21, 2019

Latest acquisition off the bay - with pictures direct from the seller.

Curious to know the thoughts of others. Figured I post it on OF since it does have some of that 861 lineage. Could anyone tell me more? There is limited research as well as knowledge on the web about these Meylan chronos.

Appreciate any insight at all. My initial suspicions was that the hands and crown were wrong. However, I did find one other example on the interwebs that had the same hands (so maybe hand variations during its run??). Crown wise, most examples had a Lemania signed crown, which I am assuming is the correct crown. The one I acquired has an unsigned crown which I guess is similar to that Zodiac crown Mike has on his ->

Figured I post a link to this Fratello article: https://www.fratellowatches.com/tbt-meylan-chronograph/ if anyone was curious to learn more - full credits to Michael Stockton

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg
    river rat, neilfrancis, YYTIN and 6 others like this.
  2. Heineken Oct 12, 2019

Looks like an amazing find. Not sure what you paid for it but they come up at $7-8k nowadays.
    I love the look of this watch. Congrats

3. Omega world Oct 12, 2019

Very beautiful watch...

4. jantjewgm Jan 7, 2022

Amazing this one. Dibs if you ever decide to sell!