Forums Latest Members

Metal vs Leather Strap Question

1. JayVL11 Jul 24, 2017

Hello all,

I know this is more of a person preference question but I wanted to hear some opinions. I have had a Tudor Pelages LHD for awhile and just acquired a Omega Speedmaster (first omega) which I am excited about! However I would prefer on to be on leather and one on a metal bracelet. Any thoughts on what I should do?

2. sky21 Jul 24, 2017

Hello, congrats on getting your first Omega, and a Speedmaster at that!! I think that while the Speedy does look great on leather it's best on the bracelet. I wear mine on bracelet pretty much all the time and it just works. If you do go leather I think the black rally straps look great as well as the black with white contrast stitching. Here is mine on bracelet since every thread needs photos.

IMG_2391.JPG

juni78 likes this.
  3. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 24, 2017

I would go with whatever you find most comfortable. I find some watches wear much more comfortably on a bracelet or a strap so aim for comfort. The only thing that would change this for me is when a watch looks significantly better one way or another. (I personally love the speedy on leather).

4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jul 25, 2017

As you stated, it's a personal preference. There's going to be a mix of opinions on what's the best way to wear a Speedmaster. My suggestion is to obtain a nice rally strap and a NATO strap and change them out every once in awhile, as well as the bracelet. You'll decide which one you prefer.

5. ras47 Jul 25, 2017

My Co-Axial Speedy came with a metal bracelet and a leather band with deployment clasp. I'm loving the leather right now. 03 Fishing.jpg

6. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Jul 25, 2017

I may be wrong but you could change to a strap and if you like it continue with it and if you don't like it change back to the bracelet. Or perhaps change just when you feel like it. I could be wrong... but perhaps give it a try

7. ras47 Jul 25, 2017

I'm also in love with my Zulu Diver strap from WatchGecko.

juni78 and OMGRLX like this.
  8. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jul 25, 2017

As it just so happens, i love both mesh (milanese and shark) and leather NATOs and interchange them on my watches all the time. :)

9. juni78 May 21, 2021