Forums Latest Members

SOLD Mercer Wayfarer GMT Watch with Stunning Blue/Orange Dial

1. sxl2004 Jun 14, 2017

For your consideration, a Mercer Wayfarer GMT watch with a stunning blue/orange dial.

Mercer Watch Co. by now is one of the established microbrands with multiple models under their belt. The wayfarer started out as a Kickstarter campaign which easily exceeded it funding goals.

The watch features a very useful GMT (24hr hand) complication with the 24hr hand independently controlled. This is very handy when tracking a second-time zone with direct readout on the dial.

The layered dial features two shades of blue, a darker outer ring with the hour numerals printed and a lighter central blue with white minute markers and orange 24hr markers. This gives a very stylish appearance. Below 12 o’clock you will find the applied Mercer logo and above 6 o’clock Wayfarer is printed in orange and GMT just below it printed in white. The hands are polished steel, with the hour and minute hands featuring Superluminova. The GMT hand is orange with a Superluminova filled triangle as a tip. The seconds’ hand is polished steel.

The round polished 316L stainless steel case comes with wire lugs which feature spring bars. The sapphire glass features anti reflective coating.

The case depicts an “engraved’ compass rose, a nice touch for a traveler complication watch. The knurled crown too is signed with a compass rose.

The watch features a Hangzhou 6460 automatic movement with a GMT complication. It has 25 jewels, novodiac shock protection and beats at 28,800 beats/hour.

The watch comes on a lightly worn blue original Mercer 22 mm leather strap. The watch is rated 100m water resistant, making it the ideal companion for all travel situations.

Size: 42mm wide without crown, 44mm with crown, 48mm lug to lug and 11 mm high.

The watch is 1.5 years old and I am the first owner.

Original box and blue travel case are included.

This is your chance to own a stylish GMT watch for worry free traveling.

I am asking $199 OBO.

PayPal and bank transfers are accepted. Please add 3% fees for PayPal payments. Shipping & handling is included for CONUS and added for all other countries. Shipping is fully insured and of course the correct value will be used for custom purposes. If PayPal is used, I will ship only to verified addresses. I prefer to ship directly to the buyer, if other arrangements are made I will not be responsible after dropping off the shipment.

I have bought a few watches here on OF and I can provide you with feedback from EBay and Etsy if requested. The buyer may share feedback ratings on request.

Returns will not be accepted unless the watch is grossly different from the description. Please ask relevant questions before you commit to buying. After all, these are vintage watches.

Unfortunately, I am not a watchmaker and therefore cannot guarantee the future performance or water resistance of the watch. I do however try to describe the watch as accurately as possible. I wish this transaction to be win/win and I will do everything to make it so.

Thanks for your interest and to OF for the space and opportunity to post this FS ad.

IMG_2509.JPG IMG_2511.JPG IMG_2512.JPG IMG_2513.JPG IMG_2515.JPG IMG_2518.JPG IMG_2520.JPG IMG_2521.JPG IMG_2507.JPG