Forums Latest Members
  1. Fatcat May 10, 2017

Spending time in New Orleans next week, if someone want to discuss Omega let me know

2. cwindham May 10, 2017

Im in Slidell, just north of New Orleans. Be safe and look for a guy wearing a 69 Speedmaster on 1171 Bracelet :)

3. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 10, 2017

Im in mandeville but in New Orleans for work most weekdays. Not sure if I would have time to meet up but I'm sure between myself and @cwindham you could get a few good restaurant recommendations!

4. cwindham May 10, 2017

My favorite is one of John Beshs called the Palace Cafe...... holy crap, the food is amazing.

5. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 10, 2017

What's the name of the place in Metarie that does those grilled oysters? I think the name starts with a "Q" but I am probably mistaken...

6. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 10, 2017

You're thinking of Dragos...they also have a location at the foot of canal and poydras st on the edge of the FQ inside of the Hilton Riverside.

ahsposo likes this.
  7. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 10, 2017

Yeah, that's it!I knew the "Q" was wrong. Thanks.

The N.O. location must be fairly recent. I haven't been to The Big Easy since before Katrina.

8. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 10, 2017

Yeah it's "after the storm" in the local vernacular. It's always "they were here before the storm" or "he/she came here after the storm", etc. and everyone knows exactly what date is being referred to. But there are so many great restaurants now it's hard to keep up. If you're a top chef fan Nina Compton (a runner up in her season) set up here about a year ago and just won NO restaurant of the year...add her to the Brennens, Emerils, Besh and others and it's never a lack of great food that's for sure!

9. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! May 10, 2017

looks like a future gtg

Jking likes this.
  10. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 10, 2017

That would be nice...to talk watches with someone who actually cares! You actually located in the city?

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 11, 2017

Horrible coffee, but the donuts were good...

[​IMG]

Saw this mug after having that coffee and thought it was very appropriate...

[​IMG]

Yes, I had a heart attack a few months after this, so I don't eat things like this anymore, but had to try the "original"...it was VERY salty...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now this was excellent...

[​IMG]

My wife liked the movie, but I liked these...

[​IMG]

BAM!

[​IMG]

And a little after dinner drink...water wasn't as cold as I would have like though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers, Al

12. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 11, 2017

It looks like you had a great time in my city @Archer! I'm like you as I'm not a huge fan of cafe du mondes coffee but the beignets (donuts) are the absolute best. It's the olive tapenade that's makes the sandwiches so salty...but we eat everything down here with a lot of spice (the old Caribbean influence) so salt is barely noticed! Either way you hit quite a few of the highlights...if you ever come again feel free to send me a PM and I'd be happy to recommend something for you based on your preferences.

13. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 11, 2017

Close enough!! If you ever get into NO let me know and we can see what can be worked out.

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 11, 2017

I like olives, and I like spicy foods (the hotter the better), but that sandwich was over the top. And that's when I was eating more salt than I do now - since cutting back you really notice it when things have been overly salted. I now choose marinated olives instead - no added salt.

My wife was there for a conference, so I tagged along and we made a short vacation out of it. It was an interesting place for sure.

cwindham likes this.