Forums Latest Members

SOLD Melbourne Hawthorn Day/Date Watch in Stainless Steel

1. sxl2004 Oct 18, 2017

For your consideration, a Melbourne Hawthorn Day/Date stainless steel watch.

Melbourne Watch Co is a Melbourne Australia based small watch brand. In it 4 years since inception it has produced numerous models and nowadays has even a brick & mortar presence in Melbourne. The Hawthorn was their second model and is now out of production. The Hawthorn is a fantastic looking rugged explorer type watch and is 100m water resistant.

The Hawthorn watch is in excellent condition with only minor use. There are no major scratches and only minor scratches consistent with little usage.

The 316L stainless steel case is brushed and features a Melbourne Watch Co. signed screw down crown. The bezel too is brushed steel.

The black dial is multilayered and features a central “carbon” texture and a smooth outer ring. The applied stick hour markers are polished stainless steel and lume filled. The minute markers are on a sloped outer beveled ring. There is a metal framed day date indicator at 3 o’clock. The hands are polished metal and are lume filled. The red seconds hand features the signature M-logo counterbalance. The lume used throughout is C3 Superluminova.

The crystal is a flat scratch resistant sapphire with AR coating.

The exhibition style case back too features a scratch resistant sapphire which allows a view of the Miyota 8205 movement. An additional original stainless steel case back will also be supplied as it originally came with the watch.

The Hawthorn features a 21 jewels Miyota 8205 automatic movement with day/date complication. It beats at 21,600 bph.

The 22mm original tan strap is supplied.

The watch measures 42mm wide and 12.6mm thick.

I bought the watch new, it has seen very little use and no service was necessary.

The original box, an ID card and an additional original stain less steel case back will accompany the watch.

I am asking USD 199 OBO

PayPal and bank transfers are accepted. Please add 3% fees for PayPal payments. Shipping & handling is $15 CONUS and $40 for all other countries. Shipping is fully insured and of course the correct value will be used for custom purposes. If PayPal is used, I will ship only to verified addresses. I prefer to ship directly to the buyer, if other arrangements are made I will not be responsible after dropping off the shipment.

I have bought a few watches here on OF and I can provide you with feedback from EBay and Etsy if requested. The buyer may share feedback ratings on request.

Returns will not be accepted unless the watch is grossly different from the description. Please ask relevant questions before you commit to buying. After all, these are vintage and gently used watches.

Unfortunately, I am not a watchmaker and therefore cannot guarantee the future performance or water resistance of the watch. I do however try to describe the watch as accurately as possible. I wish this transaction to be win/win and I will do everything to make it so.

Thanks for your interest and to OF for the space and opportunity to post this FS ad.

aIMG_3666.JPG IMG_3636.JPG IMG_3650.JPG IMG_3653.JPG IMG_3655.JPG IMG_3659.JPG IMG_3661.JPG IMG_3663.JPG IMG_3664.JPG IMG_3668.JPG

zIMG_3625.JPG