Forums Latest Members
  1. Habitant Oct 4, 2013

Did Omega make the Medicus 2108 in a gold case? Saw this and was wondering if anyone knows of this case, very similar to my 2108 SS case, but in gold. Sorry for low picture quality, seller's image. And I haven't been able to physically see the watch, so no idea what movement's in it, but I have been told that the case is 9K, and it does resemble my CK2108.

Omega_9K.jpg

2. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Oct 4, 2013

I would think it is a CK 986 (T17 Inside) :
    [​IMG]

Here is a comparison with a CK 2111 (same case as 2104 but 23.4SC) :
    [​IMG]

CK 986 in a 1936 brochure :
    [​IMG]

Edit : By the way the CK2108 is not a Medicus, but a Naiad. Medicus stands for central second watches. There is a mistake in the Omega vintage database.

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 4, 2013

Very nice CK 986, how big is it?

4. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Oct 4, 2013

Excessively small : 28X22mm excluding lugs and crown. Just consider that the 2111 is 30mm diameter. And it was a men's Watch!

5. cvalue13 Oct 4, 2013

Doesn't it seem that on the seller's provided picture the "lip" of the contour around the crystal comes all the way to the edge of the case between the lugs, whereas the CKA 986 has more space on the case between these areas?

6. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Oct 4, 2013

I agree and saw it also. I may be wrong on this one, or the width of the bezel may be different for gold and steel cases. On the catalog I posted, the bezel seems also to touch the edge of the case.
    It could be another reference, or another production of the same reference, but I am not aware of a model of that shape other than this T17. Knowing what is the caliber Inside would help confirming or not of course.
    Another difference I just noticed is that the second hand seems to be centered between bottom and center of the dial on the gold one, and closer to the bottom of the dial on the 986. If it is the case, then calibers are different and the watch reference I gave is wrong...

7. Habitant Oct 5, 2013

Thanks again, Tire Comedon, your knowledge is impressive as always. And I thank you especially for the info regards Naiad / Medicus listings on Omega database. Of course it makes all the sense in the world that the term "Medicus" could only really sensibly applied to a sweep second hand; as someone else pointed out, the sub second dials are tiny and hard to read, as well.

A Naiad is a "...a water nymph said to inhabit a river, spring, or waterfall..." so that therefore suggests that there is a vague marine sense to that model line, correct? Although I wouldn't dream of going swimming with my Naiad on!

8. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Oct 11, 2013