Mechanical Timer, set for a year?

Hi all-

For particular reasons, I am looking for a mechanical timer that I can set to countdown one year. Fancy is good. It must go on a night stand or some such (think more like a ships clock size than a watch), and ideally will be reusable. No clock function necessary, it will be a gift.

Any thoughts on where to look for something like this?

I’m not going to say such a device doesn’t exist, but I can’t imagine a mechanical one does. First, it would have to be wound on a regular basis. Second, why would such a device have ever existed? I know of 60 minute and 24-hour timers, but have never seen something longer.

You might have to go electronic for this. Good luck.

400 day or anniversary clock is about the only mechanical that will run for that time on a single wind.

400 day or anniversary clock is about the only mechanical that will run for that time on a single wind.

but those aren’t countdown timers are they? Just a normal clock, I think. Not sure how they can be used for the OPs purpose.

Gerald Genta made a countdown watch around 1997 that could be set from 1 to 999 and it would count down to zero. Made for the Millennium. Automatic movement. Other than that I haven't seen any mechanical countdown gizmos. There are plenty of digital countdown apps for computers.

Omega had a countdown clock to the 2000 Olympics but this was huge and digital

These are available for $50 on Amazon

3D4B92A8-3DB0-466A-84DD-016A0DA3C85B.jpeg

but those aren’t countdown timers are they? Just a normal clock, I think. Not sure how they can be used for the OPs purpose.

Could be used as a basis for the timing but would require a further either mechanical or electronic counter to manage 24 hour periods x 365 or 12 x 730 if derived off the hour hand.
Wouldn't be super accurate as your base accuracy would be the 400 day movement and these tend to be temperature and wind power limited, I know with my ones they are great for a month then as the seasons change they wander off.