Forums Latest Members

May be buying Speedmaster Day-Date 3220.50.00

1. GBTRIUMPH Oct 27, 2016

I need a bit of advice as to the actual age of the piece.
    Speedmaster Day-Date cal. 3606 model 3220.50.00 black bezel, black dial, sn 816xxxxx.
    This is discontinued.
    1. When was it discontinued? My guess is 2014...based on an entry on this forum.
    2. Is there a replacement with co-axial coming?
    3. approximate estimated production date?

Thanks in advance to anyone contributing to my request for information. IMG_2483.jpg

2. tyrantlizardrex Oct 27, 2016

1 - Sounds about right... although these were hanging around in AD's and dealers up until earlier this year.
    2 - I'd suspect not... these were an "entry level" model using a valjoux modified movement I think... can't see a cost effective way to take that to co-axial.
    3 - sorry can't help with that.

GBTRIUMPH likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 27, 2016

The 3330 is an ETA 7750 based co-axial movement, so it's already been done, with other changes like column wheel, and sub-dial layout changes as well.

GBTRIUMPH and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  4. EazyVG Oct 2, 2019

Recently got myself the same watch, as was searching for the same in mint and unused condition for sometime.
    My serial number starts with 86xxxxx. From what I gather this must be from the last production batch, guessing 2014, maybe 2015 if they still produced. Even the Omega Service Center was not in position to answer this question, so maybe here someone has this knowledge.

I changed the clasp to Omega's 6-point adjustable clasp with additional conversation links, and now it is perfect and a keeper for decades to come. Thanks.

5. vienna Oct 2, 2019

I sold mine 2 years ago because of the 39 mm, but still like the dial a lot. Same design in 42 mm would be perfect for me.

kind regards Max