Forums Latest Members

Maurice Lacroix - Not Changing Time Between 4-8pm?

1. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 28, 2012

Hi guys
    A friend of mine just received a new Maurice Lacroix. He said the manual said that he shouldn't change the time between 4-8pm, to prevent damage to the watch?????

Also, do ML produce their movements in house?
    Thanks
    Daniel

2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Oct 28, 2012

Do you mean setting the date instead of time. Not too sure about the technical terms but the date function may be damaged if the date is being set within a period of time which I think is between 10pm-2am. Different manufactures have different guidelines I believe.

3. ulackfocus Oct 28, 2012

Does your friend's watch have a moonphase? If so, that's probably what he was told because that would be the typical time the disc moves ahead one day. You shouldn't change the calendar between 10 pm and 2 am using the quickset or correctors. You can always rotate the hands forward as necessary to set the watch though - it's the same as the watch telling time and moving the features, just faster.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2012

If you can find the model, if its a moonphase its probably an ETA base with a modular complication, or more likely it sounds like it could be an ETA 7750 chronograph which has a slow date change and can be borked if you try to quickset it while its doing its thing.

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 28, 2012

Thanks, not a moon phase or chronograph, only a date feature. Perhaps the instructions manual covered other models?