Forums Latest Members
  1. narayama Jun 9, 2012

Dear members of the Omega Forums,

I recently acquired a lovely Omega 30T1SC dating back to the 40's. As you know, no more than 2400 movements where produced. Here are some photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am very pleased with the movement (which could deserve a service, I agree!), but the hands and possibly the dial look very wrong to me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The small minute hand is way too long since it goes over the indexes (which is something I never sawn on any Omega vintage watch).

Would you have any idea on matching hands for that caliber? The case has reference 10075001

[​IMG]

Thank you for reading.

2. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jun 9, 2012

I think the most common form of hands for these models was the 'leaf shaped' hands. The sweep doesn't appear right also. Maybe one option is to buy an old 30t2SC banger and swap if it has the right hands.

Re the dial, it could be an earlier re-dial. The G and E in Omega seem a bit funny, although the flat top A is of the right period. Could only be the pics , because they are not high res enough to look at the quality of the printing. One way to tell is to look at the dial back to see if the markers are glued.

Nice piece though and worth looking around for the correct hands for sure.

Cheers

Desmond

3. SectionEht Jun 10, 2012

I'm not an expert by any means but I have been looking at a lot of 40s Omegas lately and haven't seen those hands or dial markers before. As stated above, the most common hands for Omegas of this period look like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1339346541.128753.jpg
  4. narayama Jun 10, 2012

Dear Desmond and SectionEht,

Thank you for your feedback. I provide below some high-resolution pictures. By looking at them, I would say that the whole dial is a fake as it appears so badly designed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Besides, would you know the diameter of the canon so that I can look for leaf shaped hands to replace those strange ones?

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jun 10, 2012

Not at all fake, just poorly refinished at some time. The figures are actually part of the face of the dial and not riveted as they often are, not at all uncommon for this vintage.

hour hand is 1.70 minute .95 second .25 (measurements from a T2 but should be the same or very close)

Interestingly the hands look very similar to those used on some Girard-Perregauxs from the 1950s, strange to see them here.

Look here for the hands http://www.ofrei.com/index.html

6. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Jun 10, 2012

Hi again. Yes I do think the dial refinished. Quality of printing is the key and this is flat print that has slightly bled, and so I think we can be fairly positive about an earlier refinishing job.

Sorry I dont know the diameter for the canon and I dont seem to have amongst my collection a parts manual for these models.

D