Forums Latest Members
  1. Jjohnny Aug 8, 2015

I had my heart set on a PO liquidmetal limited edition but these are impossible to find =/

The only thing I would get would be if they released a LM Planet Ocean Master Co Axial Edition, any chance of this happening?

MyLifeUncut likes this.
  2. Superdoc Aug 8, 2015

At some point they will all be master co axial, metas certified... All but the moon watch...
    When it will happen is another question...
    But... Next year's Basel will be a Seamaster year!

3. Jjohnny Aug 8, 2015

4. Superdoc Aug 8, 2015

5. cuts33 Aug 9, 2015

Whenever they do update the PO they better do a damn good job.

Got a lot of work to do to convince me an updated PO in the $7k range is worthy over the new Pelagos.

Loved my PO 8500 XL but after a few years it wasn't a keeper anymore. The size was too much after awhile and I could only get it to sit right on a NATO which I came to dislike on myself in my usual business attire.

That being said, thoroughly enjoying the Master AT as a daily driver and the OEM croc strap is sublime.

blubarb likes this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 9, 2015

agreed. the LMLE is the only PO that is truly timeless (my opinion don't freak out) the 2500 is an amazing PO, the 8500 is just transitional IMO. great movement, too unbalanced overall. takes some from the LMLE but it's nowhere near as wearable and refined.

They either will let the PO fade and work on the so lines or they have to seriously work some magic for it to be relevant

blubarb and MyLifeUncut like this.
  7. Superdoc Aug 10, 2015

The 'Relevance' of the PO Comment is very germane.. When the SM300 came out with so much pomp and circumstance... I thought the same thing.. What does this mean for the PO?

If PO was the previous answer to the Submariner...and the SM300 is a better answer, then how do you position the PO?

The 45.5 and the Chrono will hopefully be reserved for the PO line... ( although some think that a chrono SM300 is a good idea)..
    I think that PO might get a bit of a 'Paint Job' next year -- the Ceramic treatment and Sedna...possibly Twotone model.... we'll have to wait to see.
    But there is no plans to phase out the PO...Although they do need to find a way to make it relevant again...

8. cuts33 Aug 10, 2015

To me, the SM300 needs a date version and to lose the PCL's to really be a better answer to the submariner line.

I still think the PO is a better direct comparison.

Frankly, Omega got it right with the POLMLE and IMHO, screwed up by making it a limited edition.

A METAS certified 600m diver with applied markers, open 6 and 9, solid case back, liquid metal bezel and adjustable clasp would be nothing short of phenomenal.

Wetworks, MyLifeUncut and Nobel Prize like this.
  9. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Aug 10, 2015

oh yeah this combined with a slim ceramic case... what a watch

10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 10, 2015

It's a pity because the PO's are great watches for the money, they're like the adult version of the SMPc and MC (yes, even through the original smp300 MC came first IMO the modern one needs to be simplified a little so it looks forward rather than backward in time)

11. scruffy Aug 10, 2015

i'm looking for the timeless look (and size!) of the 42mm 2500 PO...

[​IMG]

...with all the high tech wizardry of the co-axial master chronometer calibre 8900 movement seen in the new globemaster

fingers crossed

12. jcmartinez98 Aug 10, 2015

Sounds like you want a seamaster 300 master coax with date function and sans faux patina, then- I think we all do...

Wetworks and Nobel Prize like this.
  13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 10, 2015

Wouldn't that be something.

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  14. scruffy Aug 10, 2015

no, i don't think i'd get the SM300 even then. i'd continue to look at it and think maybe i should get a 14755 instead (the 2913 may be out of my price range)

maybe i'm just a speedy guy at heart or a vintage guy

15. Jjohnny Aug 10, 2015

The only issue I have with the current 8500 POs is the thickness, I just hope they reduce it in the next version!

Taddyangle likes this.
  16. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 10, 2015

Also I get tired of ceramic. This goes for many watches not just the PO'S and not just omega. It's a superb material and creates a clean visual but to sometimes seems cold to me.

17. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Aug 10, 2015

So today I got the pleasure of meeting the Omega president of US whole sales. My AD was nice enough to tell me he was coming to the store so I could meet him. Super nice and down to earth guy. Of course I asked what's expected and on the horizon. I told him how much I adored the PO collection... Unfortunately he said he knows nothing about any planned changes to the PO like for a while. Constellation is next up to get the master Coax. And due to large Snoopy sales they plan to do more of those limited editions. I asked about more liquid Metal used in future POs amd he said it's very good technology, but very hard to master. Said he hasn't heard of a PO upgrade in the least and we shouldn't expect anything in the next year.
    Hope this helps a little. I was gonna make a seperate post about meeting him, but figured iy fit in here :)

jaymyms likes this.
  18. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Aug 11, 2015

Nooo! It's perfect, lol. At least the 42mm isn't as bad as so many people fear it. It gives it a beautiful solid feel of great craftsmanship IMO.
    But compared to a Rolex, Longines I understand.

19. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Aug 11, 2015

I am curious to find out more....

20. Spy You know my name. Aug 12, 2015

The Globemaster will be the first OMEGA to be METAS certified and will be coming in January 2016.