Forums Latest Members
  1. ras47 Apr 25, 2017

My new Omega Speedmaster acquisition has awakened my interest in space exploration. I rewatched Apollo XIII last night (what a cast!) and today I'm watching the series MARS on the National Geographic channel. Awesome series. It jumps from present day documentary to a look at what could be our first manned mission to the red planet in 2033. Highly recommended to all those who stand outside at night, look upward, and wonder what's out there for humanity.

2. abrod520 Apr 25, 2017

It was a fun series, but felt a little unfinished to me. Maybe there'll be more seasons, not sure.

In the meantime, the HBO series "From the Earth to the Moon" will probably scratch that itch pretty well

ras47 likes this.
  3. ras47 Apr 25, 2017

They were planning follow-up seasons (at least one) but who knows if it will happen? With MARS they tried to put a bow around it at the end of the first season but they certainly left a lot of stuff open. Leaving some strings loose for the continuation. I'm gonna check out From Earth to the Moon right after I get through MARS.