Forums Latest Members
  1. Paul2168 Apr 28, 2014

Hi Guys

I'm new here, looks like a great forum.

Im Paul from Derbyshire in the Uk and I repair watches, (only quartz for now.) But, I mainly buy scratched watches off eBay etc, polish all the scratches out and bring back to show room condition before selling on.
    I must admit my passion are Tissot and I have roughly 40-50 that require polishing and selling on, some require new movements, new crystals etc but I just love getting a scratched watch and bringing it back to its former glory!

Can an anyone tell me please what the mark on the back of my Seamaster resembles if anything? It Maybe nothing but seems funny its on some Omegas I've seen but not on others of the same model etc??

looking forward to chatting to you all image.jpg

Thanks
    Paul

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 28, 2014

Its an anti-counterfeiting engraving, there are a lot of details on every Omega watch that are unique or needlessly complex in order to help stay ahead of the assholes making knockoffs.

ron n likes this.
  3. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Apr 28, 2014

Yes,

every modern OMEGA got this kind of a copy protection mark ...

I think it should represent some kind of different planet orbits where the Omega logo levitates around :)

Regards,
    Hans

P4280489,1.jpg

4. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Apr 28, 2014

and much bigger ;-)

You can see: At least 3 Omega logos, some circular tracks and some planets as points and stars ...

Hans

3286549151_d14e054a34.jpg