Forums Latest Members

Market Price Estimation for Older Limited Run Watches

1. PhotonX Jul 1, 2019

I have a newbie question. What is the best process to estimate the market price for older watches (10-20 yrs) from small or limited runs? I had been gathering data from Chrono24, OF, Rolex Forum & WUS but sometimes the data is sparse and there may be large gaps between actual posting/sales.

Are there other sites I should research or is there a better method? Is there a general rule of thumb on how much value the box and papers increase the watch price on average?

The questions apply to any watch in general since I am looking for best practices going forward. Thanks for the help

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 1, 2019

eBay can be helpful. Although if very few ever change hands, and it is via an assortment of platforms, it will be hard to get good data. Best is to seek out forums specific to those brands and search threads on those particular LEs.

Can't put a finger on the value of box and papers, but if a LE is only 10-20 years old there is likely an expectation it will have those items, and a decrease in price if they are not there.

Larry S likes this.