Mark/Smudge on new De Ville watch-face (under sapphire crystal case) Thoughts?

79C17EC2-050E-4009-8DB7-E1D25BBFB58C.jpeg 1D22A224-B0A0-4BBE-AEA6-C5786CF0E070.jpeg

Hello!

I received my new orbis de Ville yesterday and whilst out, I noticed a small white mark/smudge just below the date window. It is not always visible, more so under direct/bright light.

I popped in to the omega store and the lady said this is a risk of products which are hand-made (apparently the face of the watch is finished by hand?)

just wanted to get people’s thoughts. Is a mark like this just something that comes with getting a watch like this. Or should I be looking at returning for it to be addressed?

Thank you in advance!

Also - I’d be amazed if that dial is hand made.

Yeah, I agree. I was a bit sceptical when she said this but didn’t want to argue it. Just wanted to get views on whether this is something I should take the watch back to have rectified or whether people would generally leave something like this

I’d be asking for an exchange - no reason you should sit and wait for a repair... you just bought the watch.

Sadly, this model is in low supply, so I imagine I’d be waiting for a replacement for a while!
I agree though, I’m quite shocked to have this issue with something I’ve just brought brand new

You are the ONLY one who determines what is to be done! Not Omega, not the OB, not the AD, and most certainly, not by us! Do it, or don’t!

Sadly, this model is in low supply, so I imagine I’d be waiting for a replacement for a while!
I agree though, I’m quite shocked to have this issue with something I’ve just brought brand new

Simple, take the watch back to where you bought it from and ask for the fault to be rectified, if the watch has to go away then some compensation is in order as it should have been perfect when you bought it.

I’m sure u paid a pretty penny for it so being new it should be perfect. By the way I have never seen that before very interesting watch.

Being handmade is a pretty lame excuse for a flawed watch that shouldn’t have passed QC. I would insist on a fix or replacement. If the boutique doesn’t properly support you I would contact Omega directly...

Disappointing that any Omega dealership would try to fob a customer off with such a tale.

Just curious is she implying the dial is handpainted?

It’s definitely not a “hand made” dial.

It’s just poor QC. Your AD should send it in for proper servicing and cleaning

Did you buy it from the boutique or AD? If there is a warranty, just have them send it off and it'll be good as new when you get it back. If it's just a smudge, they'll just clean it. If it's a defect, they'll probably just put in a new dial. All good.

If you’re unhappy about it, and you clearly are, have it rectified by the AD/boutique. Would it affect its resale value if you flip it - probably, so get it fixed!

Is this a limited edition DeVille?

Walk back into the OB and let them know. If they try to shrug it off as being due to the "hand-made" nature just politely remind them that you're the customer and you expect it to be fixed.

Worst comes to worst I'm sure the manager will be happy to service your request. If not then just go to another OB or contact Omega directly.

If it makes you feel any better, I had to send off my brand new SMP Limited Edition due to the bezel being misaligned, and one of the end links not marrying up with the case leaving a gap. The OB was happy to send it in for warranty service with no issue. They apologized for the defects. I hope you have an OB nearby, and if it was the OB you went to who gave you that callous response, I would ask for the manager!