Forums Latest Members

Mark II Speedy - Bracelet or Strap?

1. WatchVaultNYC Jan 26, 2016

One of the great things about being an Omega fan and running a business selling Omegas is that you get to pick and try out watches just for kicks. And if it doesn't work out well there's an easy venue to sell them.

Case in point: Vintage Mark II arrived today that will probably become part of my personal collection. Other than some scratches on the crystal, it seems well taken care of, the sunburst brush pattern still very much evident, and the tritium dial well preserved.

It looks very, very cool on the wrist, but a bit top-heavy so I feel like a strap is a better choice than a bracelet to keep it in place. However, I have yet to see a strap that looks like it came with the watch. Suggestions?

Obligatory picture with my 3592.50 - it's on a Planet Ocean style rubber deployant strap, fits so well it looks like it was made for the Speedy Pro.

obligatory.jpg
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 26, 2016

Mark ii on bracelet all day!

Baz9614 likes this.
  3. repoman Jan 26, 2016

I'm a bracelet guy.... and stop getting high on your own supply and sell that beauty! :D

4. tyrantlizardrex Jan 26, 2016

I always think the MK2 looks space age... so maybe Velcro...

5. alam Jan 26, 2016

I enjoy mine on leather..

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  6. bluefireblade Jan 26, 2016

Mine lives on its bracelet, but I think they look pretty good on a leather racing strap.
    [​IMG]