Forums Latest Members
  1. coredriller Nov 6, 2012

Has anybody had dealings with Marcus Hardy? He has some nice watches on his vintagewatch collectors site and a couple of months ago sent me an email of some good looking vintage rolexes and omegas. However, I keep hearing dodgy rumours, and as they say, "buy the seller". Would much appreciate any help.

Leopold likes this.
  2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 6, 2012

I would say avoid if possible. I had a bad experience with him some years ago, and have heard others. So many of his watches seem to have been redialed by the same outfit (though he claims original). The watches tend to be very overpriced on that new site, as well.

Leopold and blacka01 like this.
  3. coredriller Nov 6, 2012

4. coredriller Nov 6, 2012

Thank you for that Adam. The watches I saw seemed expensive, especially if the dials were re finished. Feel relieved that I didn't buy any of them now.

Leopold likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 7, 2012

What were you after in particular?

Leopold likes this.
  6. coredriller Nov 7, 2012

He had a nice cushion oyster rolex from the 30s. It was a nice watch, but I wasn't sure about the dial.

Leopold likes this.
  7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Nov 7, 2012

Did you try asking Mr. Google about this fellow? Some pretty concerning posts...

8. coredriller Nov 7, 2012

Yes. That was another thing that made me wary.

Leopold likes this.
  9. scott stevens Dec 13, 2012

I have not a good experience with him as a seller: Nothing to do with amps (see ampheaven etc on google) or watches - I sold him some cigar mags, a humidor and a cigar book. He contacted me via eBay but did it "off-ebay" - sending me £240 in cash special delivery. He said he would recompense me for storing them for so long (that was back in july) but I still have them here, waiting to be picked up.

10. Martin C Feb 16, 2016

WARNING! Do not ever purchase from VWC! We didn't Google this company before ordering an ended up with a different watch from the one we ordered. This was five months ago ago and to this day we have had no response to our email inquiries.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 24, 2016

Let us know the final outcome.

12. andu.nemtanu Aug 1, 2016

I owe some apology to all you readers out there and to Mr. Hardy also. I was too emotional in the above post and lead you to the WRONG conclussion about Mr. Hardy's business!
    I realised now there's been a missunderstanding and Mr. Hardy is an honest seller. I proved to be too emotional to judge things clearly and I know now that Mr. Hardy's business is as honest as one can be. Now I truly believe he actually sent me the watch and I involuntarily missed seing it and threw away the package like a total fool. Even so, as a gesture of good will Mr. Hardy sent me the money that I spent on bank fees and offered to send me any future watch in advance of payment. I completly missjudges him and now I regret writing the above review, for which I still feel very bad about it.
    I've kindly asked the administrator to ERASE the ABOVE POST as I could not do it myself as much as I tried. Thank you for your understanding on this subject!

Alexandru Nemtanu from Romania

Leopold likes this.
  13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 1, 2016

How do you accidentally throw away a watch then get a full refund from the seller?

adi4 and Darlinboy like this.
  14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 1, 2016

::popcorn::

15. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 1, 2016

I can totally empathize with you dude!

I once bought a cigar from Mr. Hardeeharhar, and also thought I had been scammed. Nothing in the box but a crappy old watch.

Now I realize that, like a total fool, I must have thrown away the cigar with the packaging.::facepalm2::

I HATE when that happens!:mad:

Edited Aug 1, 2016
  16. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Aug 1, 2016

Well...... somebody round here bin smokin some ting man....

Don Bocadillo and ulackfocus like this.
  17. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Aug 1, 2016

18. ulackfocus Aug 1, 2016

Why so many one post n00b complainers in this thread? This Hardy chap must have a lot of internet stalkers who feel they were wronged by him.

19. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Aug 1, 2016

Where's that animated gif when you need it :D:D:D

ulackfocus likes this.
  20. ulackfocus Aug 1, 2016

163167-f3b9d976b26c419f2b313fa9ba177448.jpg