Forums Latest Members
  1. dhp3 Sep 15, 2013

How important is the manufacturer's warranty? I am thinking about getting the Planet Ocean but if I buy it without the manufacturer's warranty, what are the chances I will regret it?

2. ulackfocus Sep 15, 2013

VERY IMPORTANT. There aren't many co-axial certified watchmakers around.

Can't give you the exact odds of regretting it, but why not print the pages from reputable grey market dealers and take them to an AD? Sometimes the AD can match it or at least get close. I can't see throwing away a 4 or 5 year warranty depending on the model to save a handful of dollars.

3. Buck2466 Sep 15, 2013

I agree with Dennis, VERY IMPORTANT. I purchased my very first Omega (Planet Ocean)from an AD and it stopped running after 3 mos. Even high quality watches can have an issue from time to time and mine happend to be one. I sent it back to the AD and they sent it to Omega in Switzerland. Omega sent me back a brand new one , no questions asked. Think of it as insurance and peace of mind. Think of the old adage, "You can pay me now, or You can pay me later";)

4. Clem Dec 16, 2013

Buck2466, You're one of the lucky guy. My SMP develope a moisture at 6 month, it was only send to Omega Service Center in North Jersey.