Forums Latest Members
  1. OmegaDE Dec 14, 2012

Before I go back in for service, I have a question you may be able to help me with. My old SMP 2531.80 may have an issue. It has stopped a few times recently and when I try to manually wind it, it won't restart. I put it back on my wrist and with normal movement it will start up again. Not being really familiar with the mechanism, it it possible for the manual wind to be broken and the automatic movement still wind/function. I had the watch fully serviced by Omega last December, so before I take it back to be looked at, I thought I ask the experts. I just bought a new PO, so my old SMP is going to lose its daily slot. My wife thinks it's pissed at me for the PO purchase, like a jealous girlfriend. ;)

2. ulackfocus Dec 14, 2012

Your wife might be on to something. :p

It's possible that there's something amiss in the keyless works (the set of gears attached to the crown that either wind or set the watch). Can't say for sure and only a watchmaker can tell after opening it up.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 14, 2012

I'd just get an independent to take care of it

4. OmegaDE Dec 20, 2012

Well I dropped my SMP "Bond" off at a Omega Boutique. They are going to watch it for a few days and then possibly ship it off for repair. They too believe it is winding by the rotor only. Since I had it serviced last year, it is under a two year repair warranty.