Forums Latest Members

"Make sure that you use an authorised OMEGA Vintage Service representative"???????

1. wwhntr Jul 9, 2014

Tried to used my bookmarked "Omega Watches-Vintage Watches Database" from Omega's official website and was directed to updated Omega website. Had to do a little digging to find the Vintage Watches Database. While searching found the following link under "Heritage" for more information, thus the title of this thread.

http://www.omegavintage.com/services/ (Plus it appears Omega is getting in the Vintage Boutique business. See other tabs on this page.)

Is this service something new, foretelling Omega's plans to take the business model course that Rolex has taken? I had read, maybe on this forum, that by the first of the year Omega parts may no longer be sourced through supplier parts houses. Sure, we may be able to buy parts on eBay or from other independent sources until their stock runs out, but what happens after that?

Thoughts, opinions, correction if I'm wrong....all will be interesting.

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jul 9, 2014

That web site belongs to Somlo, who is contracted by Omega to be their Official Vintage Watch Boutique in London. Been that way for a number of years (from 2006, I think). Watches sold there were acquired and serviced (for better or worse) by Omega in Bienne and carry the same 2 year warranty. Looks like Omega has changes their website design yet again.

This has really nothing to do with the war the Omega has declared on material suppliers. As time goes on, options will become more limited and prices of the remaining stock will rise accordingly.

I would love to see out government take action against the Swiss Cartel, but to be fair, there are much bigger fish to fry politically on both sides of the aisle.
    gatorcpa

3. JohnSteed Jul 9, 2014

The only fish being fried nowadays (as always) is/are the one(s) being put into the frying skillet. Doubt we'll see a day when watch buyers set up/hire a lobby group, like, ever.