Forums Latest Members
  1. wayneG Mar 19, 2016

I recently picked up a couple of Electroquartz. The first is an Omega Beta 21 in Gold (Pupitre) and the second is a Tissot "Hard Metal" Tissonic.

The Tissot is pretty fine. Maybe a few secs per day so not bad enough to worry, but not as accurate as it could be. The Omega is running a few minutes fast per day, but consistently.

I've ordered some new batteries in case it's just that, but it's been difficult finding the correct battery for the watches. A 303 made the Omega run hours fast, so I've ordered a 301 type instead.

I wondered if anybody, preferably in the UK can maintain these watches? I have a couple of watches in with STS right now (haven't had time to enquire with them regarding these watches) but I'm trying to avoid large bills etc.

[​IMG]

2. webvan Mar 20, 2016

Wonderful watches! I love these B21s but only have a 1300 and a 130 in SS. In fact I have two 1300s, the other one was like yours timing completely off and no adjustment to the tuning fork helped, it must have been a fault in the Quartz so a new module is needed but they are rare and expensive...KeithT might have some, have you tried him? Definitely worth it for your 18k!

If memory serves the battery is the larger 357 but it won't help for the timing vs a 301 or 303.

I'd never seen that Tissonic, any chance of more pics with a pic of the movement maybe?Thanks!

3. tyrantlizardrex Mar 20, 2016

Hi Wayne,

I can highly recommend Paul at Electric Watches - www.electric-watches.co.uk

He's brought back from the dead 2 f300's and has a Speedsonic of mine at the moment.

I'm not sure if he does the Beta21 calibre though... you might find that STS/SwissTec are your only port of call... and that's an expensive watch to work on...

He's been working through a backlog for a while, but speaking to him this week, he's planning to re-open for new work in the coming week.

neilfrancis likes this.
  4. wayneG Mar 20, 2016

Thanks for the replies. I've messaged Keith so will await his reply. STS is an option but I'll see what other paths turn up first.

5. rogart ray it again, Ram. Mar 22, 2016

Hi Wayne
    Have a Electroquartz that i wanted to service. Contacted electric-watches. But he ain't servicing those. But found a nice guy downunder. Have you heard about crazywatches.pl ? If not check that site out?
    He has serviced my watch. Unfortunately i haven't got it back yet? As he is going to send it when he is in Poland in the next week. But he says it's running very nice. The service price is very nice to. So if you are in no rush? You could contact me and i will tell you how it went? When i get the watch back?
    Paul is a great mechanic but he doesn't service the electroquartz movement.

6. webvan Mar 22, 2016

Yes, he's a nice chap (really!) but there are no guarantees (unlike say STS) one of my1300s that was running too fast stopped worling all together while he was trying to make it toe the line, or at the least the time ;-)

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  7. wayneG Mar 23, 2016

Thanks for the responses. Keith will have my watches as of today, so I'll take it from there :)

8. watchlovr Mar 23, 2016

He's a top man, I always go to him first.

9. SteveAUS Aug 29, 2017

Hi there rogart, who was the repairer downunder? Thanks SteveAUS