Forums Latest Members

Mailed watch to Secaucus for service, problem

1. Cheenah Jan 29, 2014

I shipped my Omega to Secaucus NJ for in warranty service using USPS. I sent it with signature confirmation. Today when I tracked it the status is "Ready for pickup". Since it is signature confirmation I'm concerned that it is sitting at the post office, perhaps they delivered a slip to the facility, but is Omega/Swatch going to bother to go pick it up? Has anyone ever had this experience shipping their watch in? Here is the full tracking status:

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Available for Pickup SECAUCUS, NJ 07094 January 29, 2014 9:53 am

2. ulackfocus Jan 29, 2014

Did you try calling the service facility? You might want to ask them the same question you're asking of us.

3. Cheenah Jan 29, 2014

I did call the service facility, they are closed for the day. Searched the forum and didn't find any results similar to mine. :(

4. ulackfocus Jan 29, 2014

The sun'll come out tomorrow
    So you got to hang on till' tomorrow, come what may!
    Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow
    You're always a day away

. gee, why did that song just pop into my head? :p

CanberraOmega likes this.
  5. Cheenah Jan 29, 2014

Thank you for your insightful and informed reply.

6. ulackfocus Jan 29, 2014

Cheenah, we would all love to beam our watches in for service, have the robots replicate the necessary parts and complete the service/repairs, and then beam them back to us by dinner.

Sadly, that's not reality yet. Did you know that I waited about a year (twice!) for restoration and service from Jaeger LeCoultre in LeSentier? Well, now you do.

A year.

Give or take a few weeks.

For each watch.

I survived.

So will you.

7. JohnSteed Jan 29, 2014

So they're just closed today, right? ... if the package is available for pickup, then seems the guys should get it when the facility opens

you don't even need to patient with this ...

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

Don't forget that there is a small event going on in northern NJ this week called "The Super Bowl". There's a lot of extra traffic in the area. I live pretty close to the NFL stadium here. I can tell you by experience that when the big game comes to town, local travel becomes a pain in the ass. It's part of being a gracious host city.

It may be difficult for the USPS to deliver to the facility or for the Omega people to go to the post office to pick up registered parcels. Some personnel may also have difficulties getting to work.

Give it a day and call them,
    gatorcpa

9. JohnSteed Jan 29, 2014

Yeah ... A friend works in the area and was complaining bitterly!!!! Traffic is CRAZY SLOW beyond the expected delays we'd think.