Forums Latest Members
  1. François Pépin Mar 18, 2017

Syrte and argonbeam like this.
  2. argonbeam Mar 18, 2017

Some interesting ones coming out of east Asia. Maybe there's a town called "Swiss" there?

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 18, 2017

Is that anywhere close to Paris, Texas or Athens, Georgia?
    gatorcpa

watchknut and argonbeam like this.
  4. aap Mar 19, 2017

Made in Swiss? A Swiss crapped it out maybe?

5. François Pépin Mar 19, 2017

I would say not far from Corea...

Lukeeesteve likes this.
  6. François Pépin Apr 5, 2017

There is another one:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/232293415372Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

This new country or city seems to be in Asia...

7. argonbeam Apr 6, 2017

Lots of unattractive gold-plated Longines selling out of Japan. They usually have an authentic dial and case though, whereas this poor ugly duckling appears to lack even that. To add insult to injury, it is more expensive than many authentic examples you can get from Japan (I have a few with the somewhat hard to find 99x family of movements, although still looking for the rare 995 manual). The 520 movement on this one checks out OK and is one of later in-house manual wind movements by Longines and seems to be less common than the 528, which lacked a seconds hand. Not as pretty as some of the earlier movements, with more angular bridges and lacking the nice chatons for the jewels and other small details which made it undoubtedly cheaper to produce, but not as nice to look at as the older movements. Now you got me going to Japan ebay to check on the state (of "Swiss") of things there. Damn you Francois!

François Pépin likes this.
  8. adi4 Apr 7, 2017

Are we sure this seller is actually based in Japan? I think there have been more than a few instances of sellers showing selling out of Japan but end up shipping from China, Korea, or another country. I've seen it several times with vintage "dolled-up" Seiko's.

9. argonbeam Apr 7, 2017

Good call, I've seen that too. I have purchased two legit Longines from Japan, mostly for their movements, similar to this one in that were late 60's to early 70's vintage. I have seen the "sell out of one country then ship from another" trick, mostly with UK-listed watches that then ship from Eastern Europe.

adi4 likes this.
  10. François Pépin Apr 8, 2017

Maybe "Swiss" is nowhere after all...