Forums Latest Members
  1. snunez Oct 18, 2018

Anyone tried MAAS metal polish on an acrylic watch crystal? The website claims:

"Silver, Brass, Copper, Chrome, Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Gold, all Metals, Fiberglass, Plexiglas, Eisenglass, Mirrors, Clouded Glass & Crystal, Leaded Glass, Ceramics & Ceramic tile, porcelain, Enamel, Corian, Avonite, Granite, Marble, Laminates & Formica, Linoleum, Plastic convertible windows, Plastics, Plexiglas, Lexan, Acrylic, Powder coating, auto & aircraft paint (to remove stains and buff out surface scratches), solid vinyl, Polyurethane; all non-porous surfaces."

A search turned up 2-3 references on watchuseek and rolexforum, so it has been used by at least a few, but clearly not large numbers. The stuff works wonders on metal; I just polished up some old Hamiltons and they look like new. Thinking of trying it out on the crystal of one, as I do not have any polywatch handy.

2. Vitezi Oct 18, 2018

Be sure to let us know how it goes...with before and after pictures of course!

3. simonsays Oct 18, 2018

I use autosol metal polish instead of poly watch. It works perfectly

4. Dan S Oct 18, 2018

I haven't tried that one, but I have used Novus 2 with good success.

5. Tempus Oct 19, 2018

I have experimented with Brasso and various abrasive toothpastes all with good success.

6. snunez Jan 21, 2019

Closing the loop on using MAAS. The result: 'meh'. It did not do any harm, but I would use something else, like Poly, if I had it. The smaller scratches polished right out, but the deeper ones still there. I think something slightly more abrasive is in order.

7. simonsays Jan 22, 2019

That’s all they ever do in my experience. Sandpaper is best to get rid of deep scratches first