Forums Latest Members

LWM's Compax with telemetric scale, redial, avoid :-)

1. Florent Apr 15, 2019

Come across this, advertised as :
    "silver dial three counters with original Universal telemetric scale of the time never retouched or reprinted'

Capture d’écran 2019-04-15 à 20.49.55.png

https://www.chrono24.fr/universalge...fuerza-aerea-brasileira--gold--id10978849.htm

I kindly contacted them to let them know the dial is not original, it seem's they do not agree :thumbsdown:

"Thank you Florent for your explanation, but we not are
    absolutely agree with you.
    We have already made our appropriate checks, and some models (the first ones) of our watch did not carry the word "Compax" as was also in the advertising of the Maison Universal ........
    Thanks anyway for your intervention.
    Best regards"
    :whistling::whistling::whistling:

2. bgrisso Apr 15, 2019

This is usually my experience anytime I contact any seller to point something out. I try to be very diplomatic in my contact, and advise them, they will be leaving themselves open to disputes and returns. But almost always, I get a back an even more rude and snarky response than you did above.
    ::facepalm2::

Mark020 likes this.
  3. bgrisso Apr 15, 2019

that dial really really sucks by the way, and there's a problem with the sub seconds hand. Maybe also problem with chrono sweep. anyhow, standard operating procedure..............

4. Florent Apr 15, 2019

So frustrating ... they look to be a well-established business, reason why I took the time to point out the mistake ...

5. Delcampo Apr 15, 2019

Thank you for this. How lucky we are to have the UG experts on this forum!

6. vujen Apr 16, 2019

These guys are well known in the Italian watch world to be let's say... "not the best dealers out there". Stay away from them, my simple suggestion. ;)

7. billving Apr 16, 2019

Agree. I've seen some real issues there, and I also checked with some Italian friends and they confirmed the same.

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 16, 2019

Few years back, I sent a note to EWC regarding an Aero Compax they were featuring that had dial work done. I received a very gracious response and they changed the listing to note the flaw. Not all dealers behave this way.