Forums Latest Members

Lusting after a Speedmaster.. Need a little advice.

1. Fusion Oct 6, 2014

Hey guys,

I visited my local AD last week for something unrelated to the speedmaster but ended up trying on the speedy.
    I REALLY liked it, considering I have a 6 inch wrist (no lie..) the speedy felt great.

I am wondering if this watch I tried on is the 3570.50 or something else. Is the 3570.50 the classic speedy with the Helicite crystal and manual winding movement?

I really like this watch and would primarily like a reference # to go by, as well as other reference numbers that have similar or unique styling (I like the gemini 4) and a robust movement (I do not mind automatic although I understand that a speedy purist would probably not swing that way).

Cheers!

2014-09-27 18.44.17.jpg

Dogmann likes this.
  2. scook94 Oct 6, 2014

To my untrained eye it certainly looks like the Hesalite crystal rather than the sapphire, but I'm sure someone more qualified than myself can confirm...

Fusion likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 6, 2014

Fusion likes this.
  4. andrewd Oct 7, 2014

Omegas new reference numbers were inspired by this:

5. repoman Oct 8, 2014

Looks like a modern Speedy w/ Luminova to me, 3570.50. (I refuse to use the new, long, reference number). Yes, this is the classic Speedmaster, Hesalite crystal, manual winding calibre 1861 Rhodium movement. Looks good on your wrist. Let me be one of many enablers and say - GO FOR IT!!

Fusion likes this.
  6. Fusion Oct 8, 2014

Haha that is gold. Thanks for sharing!!!

7. Fusion Oct 8, 2014

Mmmm I like it too.... but I also want a 14060M sub. Not sure what to doooooooo but thanks for the kind words.

8. repoman Oct 8, 2014

I like the no-date Sub as well, although I don't own one. IMHO, I would buy the Speedy before the no-date Sub - I think it offers a lot more bang for the buck. If you decide to go with the Sub, I would like to recommend Tony Geha, aka "justrolexes" on the Rolex Forums. I have purchased a Rolex from him, and met him face to face, and he is as good as it gets. He's got a stellar reputation on TRF.

Fusion likes this.
  9. yande Oct 8, 2014

As far as classic goes, the Speedy is right, right up there in my eyes. I could never justify a Datona, (well I should never say never) but, a couple of grand around my wrist is about all I can afford. Oh, I buy off the forums, not the AD's.

Fusion likes this.