Forums Latest Members
  1. Jimos May 20, 2016

Good evening all,
    I felt compelled to initiate my first post to the OF after reading more than a few threads lately that referenced a predominance of lurkers that were frequenting this site for reasons of questionable motive. For myself, I joined this forum in 2014 not as a collector, but simply as a guy that likes watches and one who had sent his inherited SM300 off to be serviced by a watchmaker who contributes to this forum on a frequent basis. Since then, I would guess that I check out the forum on average of once, maybe twice a day, for reasons far too many to list. Truth be told, I really enjoy learning about vintage Omega watches and I especially enjoy the sharp witted, no nonsense humor of the seasoned veterans on this site. This can often be a great place to visit for a very good laugh.

The reason for my post is since I usually don't take the time to "log in" just to check out the new posts on OF, I guess I'm being counted as a guest and possibly a person who could be here for illicit gain. I have to wonder if other members like myself come to the site, don't log in, and just surf around for 15 minutes or so to see what's happening. I wish I had more to contribute to the forum, but as of now, I really don't feel a need to regurgitate the knowledge I've gained from the experts on this site as if it were my own. I would rather just keep my mouth shut and continue learning and admiring great watches. Moving forward I will make a concerted effort to log in when I visit, but until then I feel obligated to proclaim "Hello. My name is Jimos. And I've been an Omega Forum lurker".
    Thanks and best to all.

PS. A gratuitous watch pic for reading the above image.jpeg

D YOUNG, ahartfie, Syrte and 13 others like this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 20, 2016

Don't shoot while driving! ;)

3. Bushido May 20, 2016

He's got a good 150 meters in front and 10 meters to the side before kissing the median. See the way the sun hits his vintage 300? Pic was a must and well worth the risk ;)

Welcome to the posting side of the forums Jimos!

OMGRLX likes this.
  4. ulackfocus May 20, 2016

Hi Jimos. We live for gratuitous watch pictures. :thumbsup:

OMGRLX likes this.
  5. TNTwatch May 20, 2016

Nice black date ring!

I usually just lurk at most places. There's no resentment against lurking here. It's the sharks hiding among lurkers that we have to watch out for.

OMGRLX likes this.
  6. pwojnar May 21, 2016

I lurk every day, but I think I'm logged in when I do it. I just keep the site open on my desktop at work for most of the day and just bounce back and forth from here and work stuff.