Forums Latest Members
  1. Maganator Aug 25, 2015

So, I have this friend... :whistling:::shy::

Who thought he had snagged himself a great deal when he found a used version of Moonwatch Only for £12.50 (around 20USD), delivered, from Amazon. It arrived today and I, I mean, he, hasn't quite had the chance to read it properly but what he has determined is that it is the French version he purchased, not the English. He doesn't speak French.

My question - is it worth keeping just for the pictures and reference numbers or is there a lot of important information contained in the text parts of the book?

Like I said, £12.50 delivered, was an awesome deal and it is in good condition (though the dust jacket is a bit dog-eared).

Keep it or punt it on the French eBay?

2. Traveler Aug 25, 2015

That's absurdly cheap - it depends how much your friend needs the info I guess, but that is a crazy bargain...

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 25, 2015

I find the pics and reference tables to be the most valuable, but the context material is also very valuable. I think you might get about 50% of the value out of the book if you can't read the context material (maybe less).

On a price basis, that's an awesome deal, but if you want to use it to educate yourself about speedies, get a copy you can read.

4. Maganator Aug 25, 2015

I need it to educate myself about Speedies. So if I am only getting 50% use from the book I see little point in keeping it.

I think my best option is to sell it and use the proceeds to put towards the English edition.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 25, 2015

Or go to www.speedmaster101.com for FREE!

(I am sorry, couldn't resist a shameless plug)

In all seriousness, buy the book. It changed the way speedmasters are bought and sold.

I even bought a second copy, as the price is coming down. I guess once everyone here has one....

Mad Dog, oddboy and Drawarms like this.
  6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 25, 2015

You have a very good two in one deal!!!!
    Speedy bible and French language lesson practice in one book

Spacefruit likes this.
  7. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Aug 25, 2015

Lunewatch Seulement? Zut alors!