Lucky first Omega buy?

Another thread from a newbie, espacially in vintage Omegas. After spending a lot of time on the web reading about watches in general, Omega as a brand caught my interest and then the vintega ones. So many great models to choose from.

My first buy is this Omega Seamaster Cosmic 2000. I bought it because I love the look of it and colour of the dial. It runs and time, day and date can be set, but has an unknown servicehistory, so it wont be used until that is sorted.
As I'm now where near the knowledge found on this forum, I'm curious to know what you think of it, good or bad😀 if it's all bad, I don't mind, I like it and take it as a lesson learned 😉😀

I think you'd well.
I especially like the deep blue dial.
🥰

Nice pickup. Looks great and original. If you don’t know the service history, I’d probably plan to have it serviced before wearing too much — at the very least get all the gaskets replaced. You wouldn’t want to have that beautiful dial ruined by water intrusion just after you bought it!

Looks fantastic and perfect with your outfit 😀

Did you do well?....Well that all depends....How much did you pay?

Blue dials in that condition are incredibly rare- they are so fragile. As said above, get the back gasket replaced, put a factory service crown on it (keep the original of course) and have it pressure tested to guarantee it’s moisture-proof.
Even if you don’t go swimming with it, just moisture from your skin or hand washing is enough to get past a degraded crown seal and trash that dial in no time flat,

Congratulations on a great watch, it's in stunning condition! Welcome to the madness. Now get that watch serviced by a real watchmaker.

You couldn't have found much of anything better than that. Congrats on a great find!

Welcome to OF. I'm always happy to see someone buying the watch that appeals to them personally.

Many boxes getting checked with that one! Good taste, good find, well done, welcome!

You did great, they are awesome watches for the value, the only thing that bothered me was them being very Cosmic, I still have no idea how they open, probably not as complicated as I think but the upper part separates from the middle chunk, then I'm guessing bezel/crystal opens like opening a regular claspback watch

240555690_681479776143428_5042584015234831708_n.jpeg

Beautiful. Love the blue dial 😀. Make sure whoever you get to service it has some experience with them...as they can be tricky to open up.

Looks great. Assuming you didn’t pay a premium you did well.

Condition is good across the board and the bracelet is a bonus

Thank you all for the compliments on the Cosmic 😀 I've noticed one advice repeated several times on this forum, buy on condition and condition and condition. Seems as I got it right on this one.
As some mentions, it all depends on the price paid. I did pay 850 euros. Dont know if thats either a steal or a premium, but worth it all for me.
Bracelet is 1171 with 677 endlinks. Clasp is pretty decent, but with one, not deep but wisible in correct light, scratch.

And thanks to all advice about getting a service done. I will see to it as soon as I've found a watchmaker who knows these Cosmics here in Norway. Until then, the watch stays in the box, with some admiring glances every now and then 😀😎

The mirrored image with your hand in your pocket hurts my brain, please don't do that! 😉

Otherwise it's a lovely watch and nice that the blue dial has no tritium burn from the lume markers. These 70s Seamasters have a great depth to the dial, so enjoy it! The price you paid seems about right for these and especially with the bracelet, you definitely did not overpay.

holly shit..this is fantastic!! Blue dials are something special an very wearable. And with 1171 included it is great price.