Forums Latest Members
  1. SpeedyAV Dec 20, 2016

lower back muscle spasms, laying on the floor right now and can't get up...took 4 Advil because I need to get up off the floor :confused:...I think I'm going to be a little late to work today :confused:

2. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Dec 20, 2016

Are you trying to email your boss? Is this like when my great aunt confuses the Facebook status box for the google search box and makes her status "Walk in lab hours" four times in a row?

khmt2, dialstatic, ulackfocus and 3 others like this.
  3. SpeedyAV Dec 20, 2016

Haha no, I already emailed my boss, but laying down on the floor half way between the bathroom and hallway is boring so I wanted to share this with you guys

Uniqez, ahartfie, Jwit and 3 others like this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 20, 2016

Use your downtime to comb through the For Sale subforums...

ahartfie, Jwit, cristos71 and 2 others like this.
  5. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Dec 20, 2016

Find a comfy position on your back. Place a pillow under your knees. Or on you side with a pillow between your knees and ankles
    You need an ice pack on for 10 min your low back
    Then off for 10 min
    Then a heat pad or hot water bottle on for 10 min.

Repeat this process 3 times over an hour or so.

When it settles a bit try the following exercises but very gently.
    If you get any numbness, pins and needles or trouble peeing stop the exercise and consult a doctor or physio.
    hope it eases!

2016-12-20-16-33-14--238717850.jpeg 2016-12-20-16-34-46--1878961681.jpeg
    danomar likes this.
  6. SpeedyAV Dec 20, 2016

At this current time, looking at these exercise pictures brings me pain, my number 1 priority right now is to go to the bathroom (sorry for the tmi)

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 20, 2016

I feel your pain - no not literally, but let's say I have a lot of experience with musculoskeletal pain. If it really is a "spasm" then Advil is only going to be a temporary help, if at all. When you make it back to vertical, my very amateur advice would be to seek out a massage therapist...I know some will make childish jokes about happy endings, but a proper message therapist can do wonders with problems like this.

I have also extensively used a TENS unit with success (under the guidance of a physiotherapist of course), as well as just about every over the counter cream there is for such ailments (I love the smell of Tiger Balm in the morning). Oat based heat packs and cool packs can be used with good effect as well - cool heat combination can be quite good for flushing excess fluids away.

If you are going down the medication route, make sure to consult a physician or at least a pharmacist. Make sure they know of any other meds you are on and other conditions you may have. I have used countless painkillers, but they are a temporary fix at best, and come with their own problems. Muscle relaxants can be helpful of proper spasms...some are available OTC, but if you are taking those please pay attention to the labels...

Hope you feel better soon.

Cheers, Al

8. ulackfocus Dec 20, 2016

How do you hijack a thread that's a hijack topic already?

Uniqez likes this.
  9. SpeedyAV Dec 20, 2016

Because I'm a noob??

Made it to the bathroom, but when it spasms it felt like someone stabbing me with a knife in my lower back.

10. jban Dec 20, 2016

There are many pressure points on the left wrist that could cause this esp. when compounded with guilt of having something someone wants.

Need to purge anything so it might possibly go away?

PM me for my current mailing address, I will help you get back in order.
    ps. do you have the original bracelet?

Jwit, rhetoric and SpeedyAV like this.
  11. ulackfocus Dec 20, 2016

Actually, I meant how do one of us hijack the thread.

12. Jaacck Dec 20, 2016

how did you have the advil already with you? Really convenient to fall to the floor in a spasm right next to your advil draw. :)

blufinz52 and ulackfocus like this.
  13. SpeedyAV Dec 20, 2016

Got it..can't think straight because of the pain

14. SpeedyAV Dec 20, 2016

Oh no, don't even start that :cautious:...proof of pain stuff. This reminds me of the awesome proof of 10th speedmaster thread. To answer your question though Jaacck :)...my wife brought me the Advil. Also, I just finished a video chat with a doctor and she prescribed me a steroid and a stronger anti-inflammatory than Advil. She couldn't prescribe me a muscle relaxer because she said a doctor has to see me in person for that.

Jaacck and ulackfocus like this.
  15. ulackfocus Dec 20, 2016

Hey man, you know how the saying goes - no pictures = didn't happen. We wanna see a video of you wincing and moaning.

Okay, maybe not.

SpeedyAV likes this.
  16. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Dec 20, 2016

if your advil is 200mg take more. you need 1600mg to kick start the anti-inflammation of the sciatic nerve. Eat! and then reduce to 800mg every 8 hours.
    methyl prednisolone (steroid anti-inflammatory) will kick it in about 8 hours

17. Jaacck Dec 20, 2016

[​IMG]

Greatpa likes this.
  18. SpeedyAV Dec 20, 2016

I just got a text that my prescription is ready to be picked up. Doctor said not to take Advil anymore and to just take what she prescribed... IMG_0096.PNG

19. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Dec 20, 2016

That's the good stuff. You probably won't need all of the dose pack. You will be good to go in hours!.
    You don't need both at the same time (steroids and advil)

20. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Dec 20, 2016