Forums Latest Members
  1. foxglove Jan 6, 2017

Picked up a new Speedmaster (my first Speedmaster) -- very impressed by this watch. Although I'm swapping the clasp out for an extension clasp to get a better bracelet fit. Right now on a nylon strap. Some photos of it:

IMG_5592.jpg IMG_5598.jpg IMG_5600.jpg IMG_5622.jpg IMG_5636.jpg IMG_5637.jpg IMG_5641.jpg IMG_5650.jpg

Cheers
    Foxglove.

2. Shibata Jan 6, 2017

Looks great Foxglove. Enjoy it.
    It must be fun opening up that beautiful presentation box for the first time.

Rodmar and semper_shells like this.
  3. foxglove Jan 6, 2017

Thanks! Yeah, it was quite the presentation. Omega certainly does a great job with their presentation on limited editions, new additions, etc. Great job all around. And the watch was simply stunning and wears beautifully on the wrist. really loving it.

4. semper_shells Jan 6, 2017

Great watch. The presentation looks amazing, this is one of the biggest reasons I want to purchase a newer speedmaster.

5. U5512 Jan 7, 2017

Beautiful watch......big congrats!!!

6. CaptDngr Jan 7, 2017

Congrats!

Enjoy in good health.

Nothing quite like the Legendary Moonwatch.

7. duc Jan 7, 2017

You certainly have an eye for photography. Congratulations on becoming a member of the club!

8. Rodmar Jan 7, 2017

What a great watch, I'm really eyeing that case as I can't get enough of it.

9. foxglove Jan 7, 2017

Yeah - it's amazing presentation, some of the best I've seen.

10. foxglove Jan 7, 2017

thank you! love photography.

Rodmar likes this.
  11. marcn Enough space to say witty Jan 7, 2017

... WTH!! So I'm not the only one who bought this watch?!? ;)

While I personally think the box is way too huge, I really did appreciate all the extra goodies it has, and all the attention to detail; it's a killer presentation. The only way the box sucks is in it's now going to be a thing that has to be stored, and I personally get frustrated by my own inability to dispose of things like these. But it's honestly too nice to toss out.

My speedy pro is a month old right now, on a leather strap, and I'm loving it. I was born in 1969 just a few months before the moon landing, and this watch has always held a strong fascination for me. The owning of one has actually exceeded my expectations and I look forward to a long term "relationship" with it. (I can literally hear my SO's eyes rolling right now! :) )

Enjoy!

IMG_9520.jpg

12. Kofosu Jan 7, 2017

The only watch you will ever need. Excellent choice!

13. foxglove Jan 7, 2017

I religiously store all boxes in case I want to flip it later and you're right this sucker is HUGE compared to all my other boxes. And with the sig others - it's best to simply say "No no honey, this isn't a new watch, I've always had this watch, I just put it on a new strap that's probably why you think it's new"

;)

marcn and Rodmar like this.
  14. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jan 7, 2017

Oh, yeah? Give this a whirl...set the flash and timer functions on your phone camera, place it in the large accessory bin and mash the button, close the big lid all the way...SHAZAM...you've got a pic from inside the presentation box...it's FANTABULOUS!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IMG_2706.JPG

Omega1, foxglove and duc like this.
  15. repoman Jan 7, 2017

nonuffinkbloke, duc, marcn and 2 others like this.
  16. 76duece Jan 8, 2017

I like the leather strap, where did you get it?
    Larry

17. Rodmar Jan 8, 2017

Sell me the presentation case :) jk

I'm a sucker for cases.

Ezurcc likes this.
  18. foxglove Jan 8, 2017

Great Shot!! and yes I do love photography - i noticed the tiny omega etched into the acrylic crystal and had to photo it .. also took some other macro shots for fun today. here you go . cheers.

IMG_5680.jpg IMG_5694.jpg IMG_5699.jpg IMG_5704.jpg

Mad Dog and Omega1 like this.
  19. foxglove Jan 8, 2017

cool inside the box shot. .. great effect.

Mad Dog likes this.
  20. marcn Enough space to say witty Jan 8, 2017

It's from Crown & Buckle, it's the Elden: http://www.crownandbuckle.com/elden-black-label-strap.html -- but FYI they're currently out of 20mm.

After buying the watch I went a bit nuts hunting down what I thought would be a good quality and reasonably-priced strap. So far at least, Crown & Buckle, and their Black Label line is amazing.

The leather is thick but not so thick as to be too stiff (I also picked one up from B&R Bands, http://www.bandrbands.com/oak-classic-vintage-leather-watch-band.aspx which is gorgeous but is much too thick and would require a ton of work to make flexible -- though I have to say, B&R Bands did the fastest shipping I've ever experienced in my online life. A shipping confirmation came through within minutes of completing my purchase.)

I also bought a few nato straps from Crown & Buckle but have yet to give them a real chance -- I tried them, but I just may not be a nato type.

Good luck,
    Marc

crumbsnatcher74 likes this.