Forums Latest Members
  1. Hvacman Apr 26, 2014

2. timeismoney Apr 26, 2014

Don't be discouraged, HVAC. This is more of a dealer/ retail price, there are more reasonable prices out there. I am not an expert on Seamasters by any means but I have seen decent ones sold for mid-2k (USD).

Hvacman likes this.
  3. Hvacman Apr 26, 2014

4. Hvacman Apr 26, 2014

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 26, 2014

Probably uncommon in that exact configuration. Good news is they are fantastic watches (it's an Omega after all), and they are usually reasonably priced (because so many of us drank the Moon Watch potion). Still a pretty large size.
    It's difficult to know by a photo which example you're going to love. If you find a vintage watch store, go play, and ask if you can snap a smartphone pic of watches on your wrist to help you remember which one you want to buy. Some stores may not like that, so no need to tell you not to challenge the store, right? :)

6. Hvacman Apr 26, 2014

7. Hvacman Apr 26, 2014

Holy cow! There's a specialty watch shop in my home town and they're open Saturdays ::psy::

I know now what I'm doing today!

8. Hvacman Apr 26, 2014

Looking at their website on service pricing:
    Mechanical/Hand Wind Movement Overhaul Price

Complete Overhaul of the Movement, Replacement of Worn Gaskets and Water Tested to Factory Specifications
    Refinish of the Case and Bracelet (Included)
    $395

Automatic Movement Overhaul Prices

Complete Overhaul of the Movement, Replacement of Worn Gaskets and Water Tested to Factory Specifications
    Refinish of the Case and Bracelet (Included). Price is for most Swiss Automatic Watches i.e. Omega, Breitling, Tag Heuer, Cartier
    $395

In case I need repairs....Are these typical rates for service?

9. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 26, 2014

May I offer some advice?
    Remember you will be talking to SALESPEOPLE who may SAY THINGS to get you to part with your cash or rack up your credit. These things they say are often not entirely true, or possibly misleading. And not every salesperson wants to talk shop or give you an education. Beware! But have fun. And report back to us!
    Good luck!

10. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 26, 2014

Typical for a brick-and-mortar with overhead (rent/employees, etc.) Those prices are high. Get advice on repairs here on this forum. If you're near Sacramento, CA, I know a qualified, fairly priced watchmaker who takes his time and then some...worth it for the patient.

11. Hvacman Apr 26, 2014

Appreciate it! In Sales for 30 years myself, so I can spot 'em:cool:

Wonder if in my excitement as a newbie if I am not over posting and becoming a nuissance?
    please feel free to let me know if I am doing so.

12. Hvacman Apr 26, 2014

Sacramento is certainly within reach.
    if I could get his contact info. That would be helpful.
    my son inherited a vintage unknown 14k (watch &band) dress watch from his maternal grandfather that doesn't function.
    mostly for looks I would say..very thin and fancy with diamonds where the numbers should be. Says croton Nivada grenchen on the dial. Guessing not much of a watch function wise, but it is an heirloom and I admit the gold feels nice to the touch.
    I know this is a tangent but worth repairing?

13. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 26, 2014

If you start hearing crickets...
    Seriously, odds are someone on the forum will have interest in discussing your questions/concerns.

Hvacman likes this.
  14. ulackfocus Apr 26, 2014

No worries, you're not a nuissance.

Yet. ;)

For a good Seamaster 321 expect to spend nearly $3K (US dollars). They are popular, but not as in demand as 321 Speedmasters.

ps - I like them better than Speedies too. Check out the DeVille versions available too.

Spacefruit, Hvacman and Northernman like this.