Forums Latest Members
  1. zestywesley Apr 23, 2018

Sup dudes, I saw the new BaselWorld 2018 CK2998 Speedmaster today and was instantly captivated by its beauty. Does anyone know when these will be in and how the demand is on them? I emailed my local Boutiques about them, but would rather not pay the full $6500+tax unless necessary due to high demand. I guess its cause I'm not used to paying full retail for an Omega, but I'm wondering how hard to find are these going to be?

Anybody else see anything amazing they just need to buy as well?

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 23, 2018

There is already at least one thread about this watch. Do a quick search and you should get a lot of info.

bazderome and frederico like this.
  3. Meme-Dweller Apr 23, 2018

Supposedly, they're already sold out at the brand-owned Boutiques.

4. zestywesley Apr 23, 2018

I saw all the threads already and the thread info is either very shallow or just personal opinions.

Not true at all, idk where people are getting that wrong info and spreading it around cause I’ve hit up like 3 boutiques and they’re all taking reservations.

5. Meme-Dweller Apr 23, 2018

3 boutiques in your area?

6. zestywesley Apr 23, 2018

3 in different parts of CA (NorCal and SoCal) as I have 3 residences

chipsotoole likes this.
  7. abrod520 Apr 24, 2018

They're sold out to the Boutiques, not to the end customer. Omega is a retail operation, remember.

8. Meme-Dweller Apr 24, 2018

They can't be "sold out" to the boutiques since they're not paying for inventory. It's the same company. I'm talking about actual Swatch-owned Omega Boutiques, the ones that stamp your warranty card OMEGA BOUTIQUES USA, not Authorized Dealers that are typically jewelers which carry more than one brand franchise-style.

9. zestywesley Apr 24, 2018

Are you dense or do you want to spread misinformation on purpose? I have emails from a few different Omega Boutiques saying they’re still taking reservations.

There’s no way you even have the information to make such a claim on how they’re all sold out.

10. abrod520 Apr 24, 2018

They do pay for inventory though, they're just restricted from reducing prices the way ADs are because Omega wants to control their sales channels more. This is why they're "sold out" at Baselworld even though consumers are not allowed to buy there - retailers including OBs buy watches there that are then resold to the public - it's why sometimes a watch that shows up at Baselworld ends up not going on sale, if retailer sentiment is negative.

w154 likes this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 24, 2018

Hi! Welcome to the Omega Forums community!

Taddyangle, ac106, gostang9 and 11 others like this.
  12. M'Bob Apr 24, 2018

I really do think there is a way to disagree in a more gentlemanly and respectful manner.

EatMan, Syrte, Davidt and 2 others like this.
  13. zestywesley Apr 24, 2018

No, I won’t respect nonsense. He is continuously spouting this misinformation in different threads when I have multiple boutiques and ADs telling me otherwise. Other people have told him it’s false as well.

Pun likes this.
  14. M'Bob Apr 24, 2018

That notwithstanding: you can point out that you believe something he said was false, but when you accused him of being "dense," you attacked him personally. Still don't see a need for that.

Pun, Syrte, bazderome and 3 others like this.
  15. Meme-Dweller Apr 24, 2018

We have an edgelord here

16. Davidt Apr 24, 2018

Given the general anatomical make up of the average human, with relatively dense bones, less dense fat and large lungs I'd assume his overall density is slightly less than that of water, or just under a tonne/cubic meter.

I have no idea what this has to do with watches though.

M'Bob likes this.
  17. zestywesley Apr 24, 2018

If you’re going type nonsense repeatedly, be ready to get called out for it. Get your pseudo-gentlemanly bs outta here.

18. Meme-Dweller Apr 24, 2018

Almost as much non-sense as getting a discount on a LE Speedmaster...

dougiedude and bazderome like this.
  19. zestywesley Apr 24, 2018

Funny cause I did get one today, a bit less than OB price. Are you going to keep posting bs, or are you done?
    Everything you’ve posted has been false; you’re so full of it.

20. Meme-Dweller Apr 24, 2018

So what was the point of this thread if you were going to make the purchase anyway in less than 24 hours?