Forums Latest Members
  1. Amaza May 25, 2017

I have been following this lot in the last days and finally I just made a minimum bid and now I am wandering in regretland .

This set of crowns supposedly from the 60s/70s may be worth more than 50 times the lot price.

My hypothesis is that they are either for older speedmaster or seamaster 300. Indeed the diameter is 6.75 but no height specified. Also it seems that the majority comes with the case tube or I am completely wrong? Never unmounted one.

They seem all for the same model and this makes me believe that the 24 feet silver ones may be flat feet as the golden ones. Secondly, I don't recall a golden speedmaster with flat feet crown ergo I believe more probable that they are for SM300 or similar.

What do you think?

If the winner is on OF as probable, I'd ask him to show us his deal!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401331082146Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Vercingetorix Spam Risk May 25, 2017

Look to me to be two piece stem crowns.

bgrisso likes this.
  3. DON May 25, 2017

If your not sure. Why would you bid on them. Omega made a large number of big cased watches that these crowns could fit, but if you don't know. They have little value.

Also. They only have value if you can sell them, somebody wants one and again. You know what they're for

At one point I owned about 400 NOS Omega crowns, but I knew what they fit, so they had value when I sold them. If I didn't know for sure. I didn't buy them

DON

Amaza and toddle321 like this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 25, 2017

Man, if those were speedy crowns, that would be a windfall!

5. noiseboyuk May 26, 2017

If you could be sure that there were just two or three crowns for 'collectables' - then it might be a worthwhile gamble, but otherwise maybe not.